BMW F1 2008 SE release

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by michael1, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice mod. The "problem" with the non existent car shadow has a good side effect. I can put ingame shadow to the max and have much better (and playable) framerates than in any other rF2 mod. When u look at the Meganes u can see that the shadow system generates some strange effects (windows) and a huge performance drop. So at this stage of the beta i like it better to have no shadows on the cars at all.
    From the modders point of view it makes no sense to do anything on the shadows until ISI fix this thing.

@michael1
    Thank you very much. I appreciate your effort.

2. modmate

modmate Registered

Calm down dude!! Kiddie game?? Even if the codemaster series is NOT a simulator (wich i never claimed before) it was fun to play before i got my steering wheel and sim cockpit complete. I do also not compare the graphics to your damn car. BUT, i do alot of modding right there and my experience earned there the last years will help me alot on rf2 modding. Anyway, if you get a run off just because i say "your" mod needs improvement go for it.

3. michael1

michael1 Banned

you never said it needs improvement with any good ideas to go with it i will not even type what you said as soon it will get me in trubble this is why i asked for the old post to deleted because it was full of abuse and harasment from MAK_CORP mainly is strange i spoke to petros he seemed like an ok person.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  4. michael1

michael1 Banned

Yes i was getting to that point the shadows are on the car but i removed them for now as like you said they do strange things i parked the car the shadows to the left look at the building and the shadows went the other way to the right lol

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I know nothing about the modding scene but i know that montoya @ VirtualR introduced his new moderator in a MAK Corp thread. I don't want this job. To much work.

6. michael1

michael1 Banned

Yep make me feal like that also dam that took me 35min to read that post lol alot.

7. michael1

michael1 Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ok, I have a cold, and it's the weekend, not in a mood to babysit except for my baby daughter, so I'll be banning a number of people until Monday. This should give you notice that I don't like arguing, namecalling, etc. It's not needed. Also, if someone attacks you or your mod, don't even bother reacting. What does it get you? It gets you an argument.

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thanks Tim and get well soon.

on-topic: I do like the mod. Model and sounds are great since ever and the physics are like the fr3.5 with more power and a smoother ride. Good job.

Would love to have the shadows enabled as it looks a bit naked now. But for such an early stage (mod & game) it already is a great effort.

10. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

I wasn't harrassing you, I just thought it was kind of funny you used the line "were is your car dude?". Concidering you didn't make this one either, it's the same for all modders. Releasing a mod with a car doesn't make it yours, but it does mean you took the effort to bring it over to rF2. I've accepted the fact that ISI has obviously given you permission to release the car.

Maybe you should unwind a little, it was just a little harmless fun.

11. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

hm, i think, you may call that "Lucky Luke Shados" , faster then the car lol

But, very nice Mod now, feels very good, thanks for work !

My only Problem is to look at the road at 48% vof (or Vof or vow ? lol, hope you know what i mean)
    would be nice, to have a little higher position for natural viewing at the road, i think.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

fov = field of view?

You can adjust the seat position higher. Check the key assignment.

13. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

right, fov, that´s it :)

thx, but the problem (for me) is an unrealistik horizon in the game (to high at 50% of Monitor) i think,
    so it looks like driving in a wall, not at the road..... but, that only my feeling / mistake, i think....

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

When using the u-key you get a freeview for all the cams. There you can adjust the headangle to suit your wishes when it comes to the horizon. For example, move the view towards the sky will lower the horizont...

BTW I would love to save those changes. Could this be a new feature in the future ISI? Because the only other chance to get the same effect is changing the cam file of a mod which would be ridiculous because then you would have to create a new mod just for a different viewing angle...

15. michael1

michael1 Banned

Hi all,

Update to the mod in 1st post will add this car

View attachment 1466

3D car was made by Fox Schumacher from china was used with his full consent to use the car.
    i also used ISI wheels and suspension from the BMW F1 2008

its not finished as i have 3 cars 1 is monza spec so lots of upgrades to finish.

16. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

17. michael1

michael1 Banned

who wants the new version with shadows heat haze better animatons?
    i did both cars again.

HD SKINS ON FERRARI ALSO

18. raekwon

raekwon Registered

good job micheal... i'd like to try them!

19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I would like to. Did you connect the suspenion correctly this time? Last release had the suspension not moving on a bump. Should have been connected to the wheels? I'm not a pro in this department... :rolleyes:

20. michael1

michael1 Banned