T78 Racecar

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Tamas Pongracz, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Tamas Pongracz

Tamas Pongracz Registered

Hi!

I start to build my first car in rF2. The name of the car is T78 Racecar, the car in some point a bit same as the Caterham, but i don't want to build the full same car, because this is my first car, and i think a can't do the same like a Caterham, and i want to build as i wish. I will make a few rework on the body and the hood, but some parts are done, but yeah need a lot of work when it's done.
    The first render of my car:
    View attachment 1298

2. Tamas Pongracz

Tamas Pongracz Registered

3. O11

O11 Registered

Could be great fun these cars.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

looking good Tamaz...

5. alister667

alister667 Registered

Hi Tamaz,
    This looks very well, the coloured renders look excellent, but a couple of observations.
    The rear bulkhead (behind the seat) is usually not curved in sevens. It's normally a flat aluminium sheet over a flat frame. Also the rear mudguards are a little 'square' at the bottom, normally they're rounded of a little to prevent scrapping on the ground.
    Otherwise the model looks very well. Good work.

I have an MK Indy which I've sprinted, hillclimbed & raced if I can be of anyhelp with photographs, measurements or information let me know.

View attachment 1476

I've also done some PR for the NI Sevens Race series (Northern Ireland based race series for Westfields, MK Indys, Strykers, Locosts) http://www.flickr.com/photos/alister667/sets/72157627671711029/ I've a lot of photos up on Flickr if they're of interest.

Also I did a build diary http://members.multimania.co.uk/alister667/ of my own car, if you dig through it you can see details of what the chassis looks like, the propshaft tunnel and a few other bits and pieces.

Good Luck,

Ali

6. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

really nice model .... could not wait to slip on the roads :rolleyes: