Build 60 Performance issues

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mikeyk1985, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as MJP relates too above its more than likely the fresh new PLR file that helped matters, its already proven to help a few on this Forum including myself. Seems making some adjustments causes problems but tracking them down is tricky.

2. dodswm

dodswm Registered

Yeah i thought that... Never played RF1, so didn't know the trick to delete the PLR file. Am loving RF2 though :)

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Well my stuttering has returned, so today I unistalled game and deleted everything from pc, downloaded a fresh copy
    and installed then reactivated and I can confirm the stutters are still there :( pretty gutted yes the game is playable
    but not enjoyable, hope there maybe a new patch soon as god knows what this one has done apart from help maybe
    the very low end pc owners to gain but the more people i talk to with newer and better equipment seem to have lost
    fps and or got the small stutters :)

4. nuggetz

nuggetz Registered

I say push as much as possible to the GPU.

5. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I deleted and It's pretty much the same, still got very low FPS (20fps ) when drawing more than 10 cars. I got steady 55-65fps in last build. And I didn't see any graphics improvement at all.

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

@ the guys with Intel i7 CPU's. Try to disable Hyperthreading or SMT in BIOS.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Moved to the correct forum.

8. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

I'm also having the same problem.
    Can you please tell me: What is it exactly that you delete, and where is it located?
    Thank you.

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

One of the first things I tried and it does absolutely nothing to the performance or CPU usage. Still stuck in the 25-35%, usually two cores hovering at about 25%, occasionally one of them goes up to 35%.

10. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Same thing for me, even when have 70 - 80 FPS

11. nuggetz

nuggetz Registered

If they moved all HDR to GPU it didn't do one bit of good. My GPU is one of the fastest ones made and with HRD enabled while the lights are on give me 5 FPS. It needs to stay on GPU but give the ATI guys some love.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a perfmon log i made yesterday. Four practice laps at Malaysia from AI Cockpit view. The CPU spikes occur when pitbuilding is in line of sight.
    FPS from 83-165. No stuttering at all. GPU usage always at 99%. VideoRAM usage 1000MB+.
    All settings to the max, shadows disabled, HDR enabled, 4xAA, 16xAF, 19AI cars.
    CPU i5 2500k @ 4,2Ghz, GTX 275 1792MB (newest WHQL driver), 16Gig RAM.

rF2perfmon.JPG

13. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

Like many others, after the 0.60 release my FPS increased significally of 15-20FPS (with FSAAX enable) :), but I get visual artefact on the WSR front body: triangles of the mesh model is flashing and the map looks jammed.
    This issue is mainly visible on these cars: maybe because of the shadow?