"***Unable to install the following mods***"

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Devin, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Hey I tried everything to get my mod packaged as an rfmod, but I get this error! I did everything said in the tutorial.
    After this, I tried to install my mod using rfcmp files and it worked, but the server said "Invalid Mod ID".
    SP worked fine after it.
    The problem is that the mod is searching for the car files, and it installs them when it found them. The problem is that it should install it. And if it doesn't install them, it can't find them, too...
    Please, I need some help for a league! :(

2. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I wish I could help you, and I actually may be able to give a few suggestions within the hour, but I cannot promise it's the solution you are after. During the past 2 weekends I have had many problems solved through trial and error. So my head has been spinning more than a few times for extended periods of time. I've finally got 2 of our own mods that say they work on the server as "Server updating successfully", but have not been tested by more than just me at the time being. Seems to me you will need to first create the mod ID for that rfmod (if you have not done so) and then somewhere along the line you will be presented with a looong stretch of numbers and letters that you need to enter into the dialog underneath of where you created the Mod ID.

Now as far as making just an rfmod register right rather than making individual rfcmp register to make an rfmod register, that still has my head spinning. I actually did get one of my mods to install with just the rfmod file, but it was when I started using the updated MAS2.exe and updated ModMgr.exe. I have been messing with the function of testing out how to update the mods, and still don't have a clear solution for that.

Scott

3. Devin

The problem is that I can't install rfmods, because it's searching for installed masses but it can't to find them because it SHOULD install them. So it can't work! There's no possibility because when creating rfcmp I get the "invalid ID" error again... This didn't happen before the update because you were able to install the "***Unable to install the following mods***" mods with a bug... and the server worked -.-' ISI please do something! Nobody likes the new ID system, not like this!

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

When I recreated the mod that actually installed from the rfmod file, I didn't give the rfcmp a Mod ID. But I am kinda reluctant to test out what would happen again if I would give it a Mod ID. Does anyone reading this thread know if that could be the problem/solution?

If no one else responds to this thread within the next couple of days, I will test out that scenario again and see if it was indeed the solution. I wish for maybe a better tutorial for the component and packaging system, but maybe I just didn't "study" it right (It's been a real headache for me also at times, but I'm not even a real modder per say. I just enjoy using my own skins when racing online and offline)

Scott

5. Devin

I'm not able to use a mod for a server now! ISI please talk to us or make an update that removes bugs in the modding system or that removes the system at all! It's harder to pack mods than creating them!

6. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

So were you able to install the mod with just an rfmod file? Also, have you submitted the Submit ID yet on the Create Mod ID screen? The Submit ID is a long group of letters and numbers found when creating the rfmod file I think is where I saw it, I believe you can also find it when trying to start the server, right underneath of where you get the server error message in the ISI Dedicated Server window.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

I have the same problem as Devin, I followed the tutorial but at the end I have the same error message... and using single components it works fine...

8. Devin

I can install it with single components but the server doesn't work, SP does.
    But I cannot create a complete installable rfmod because it'll search for the mas files before it starts installing but it actually should install them >.< I know the thing with the submit ID, I tried to submit it for the single rfcmp, too, with the same result: SP worked, MP not -.-'

9. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

By any chance, are you running the server checked In Developement? I do not, because I found that when running with the server checked In Developement, it doesn't show up on the list of servers.

Scott

10. Turb

Turb Registered

10+

11. Domi

Domi Registered

100+

12. Domi

Domi Registered

Bah, now I've managed to install the .rfmod (installing first the .rfcmp files), but then I tried to open a server but I can't find it on the server list... I can't see anything on "Matcher status" and "Submit ID", even though I have the submit ID code. I have no problems to launch the server with ISI's mods. Any ideas?

13. Devin

It's not running "In Developement" :mad: some people tried to install the mod, too, but the server doesn't work for them either, SP does anyway. I think I have to request refund if this doesn't change in the next two weeks:(

14. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey Devin, I just found the followwing thread that could produce success. It's HERE in the forums, the solution could be in the 2nd reply in the thread. Let us know if that helped or not.

15. Devin

I did that before but it didn't work. The main problem is that I cannot install complete rfmod files. If I can get them to install correctly, the mod ID error will disappear (I think...)

16. Goat

Goat Registered

The title of this thread says it all. Here are my steps.
    Built and tuned my mod in DevMode.
    Created a directory on my C drive called rf2 Mods
    Added files called packages, masses
    Created the following masses and saved them to files I created in the masses directory
    rfm (3 files- rfm, icon, sicon) saved in a file called rfms
    GT2_997 (5 files main, obj, tex, team1, team2) saved in a file called GT2_997
    GT_C6R (5 files main, obj, tex, team1, team2) saved in a file called GT_C6R
    GEARS sounds (1 file sounds) in a file called Sounds
    I created components for GT2_997 (GT2_997_VEHICLE.rfcmp) AND Installed, This created a folder called vehicles and installed the files and the manifest
    I created components for GT_C6R (GT2_997_VEHICLE.rfcmp) AND Installed, This created a folder called vehicles and installed the files and the manifest
    I created components for GEARS (GEARS.rfcmp) AND Installed, This created a folder called sounds and installed the files and the manifest
    I created a ModId and entered this in the info area when I created the package, and installed. This created the file called (GEARS_GT.rfmod) I took the Submit ID and regestered this with ISI. (received confirmation emails)

Now here is the problem
    I take the GEARS_GT.rfmod file and copy it to my packages folder in my \My Documents\rFactor2\Packages folder.
    I start rFactor launcer and select ModManager and the list displays my mod as
    "***Unable to install the following mods***"
    I spent multiple days trying to get this fixed and it always ends up the same
    So to fix this problem I copied the Sounds and Vehicles folders from my Mod Creation Directory and pasted these to my rFactor install
    I start rFactor launcer and select ModManager and the list displays my mod as Good and I install and all works fine.
    I start a server and all works fine.

My question is:
    Why do I need to copy my installed files and paste them to my game for the rfmod to install?
    Obviously something is wrong but I can not figure it out.

Goat

17. Devin

EXACTLY the same for me... Was there an update for MASExplorer 2?

18. Goat

Goat Registered

Yes there was. I am a little angry that DAYS of trouble shooting have been wasted on this.
    Check your version of Mass Explorer (MAS2.exe).
    Version 2.9.1.0 = BAD Causes Problems
    Version 2.9.1.3 = Every works as it should and I can stop beating my head against the wall

What I did was delete all Version 2.9.1.0 I could find on my computer. I got Version 2.9.1.3 from a fresh installs rFactor2/tools directory.
    I repackaged my mod with Version 2.9.1.3 and installed. Next, delete all my old mod files, make sure if you used Version 2.9.1.0 that you check your ??:\Program Files\rFactor2\Core\Vehicles folder for files from your mod and delete them. There should be 4 files in that folder. cmaps, multicar, vehicle common and vehicles. Then Place your new rfmod file in the packages folder and install.

Happy Modding,

Goat

19. Devin

It works now but the dedicated server keeps showing "Mod ID invalid"... Any ideas?

20. Goat

Goat Registered

Did you resubmit the mod ID to the ISI servers?

When you rebuild, repackage and re-install, it usually creates a new mod ID that needs to be registered with ISI.
    you can go to the manage account section and select the Mods you have registered and see if the ID's match.
    Good Luck

Goat