Race Time and Race Percentage same mistake as Rfactor 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deadraque, Feb 19, 2012.

1. deadraque

deadraque Registered

Hi

I just bought Rfactor 2 and the first thing I looked for was Race Time and Race Percentage and I see it is the same problem as in Rfactor 1.

PLEASE ISI PLEASE can you separate them, if I choose 50% of Race % the Race time is the same. And it makes me mad , it made me mad for over 5 years on rfactor 1 and now the same problem is in this one.
    The problem with this is that I love to race as in real life or half of it. For example you have to do 60 laps on Imola and set % on 50% then the laps would be 30 laps in total, but because of that time % element the race stops after 10-15 laps for example because the time is shorter then the actual laps you need to complete. Believe me it makes you want to smash things in your home, because you planned for example feul for 30 laps or a pit stop and so on and that time limit ruins the whole real laps feeling.
    So I beg again for this SEPARATE them so we have no time limit coming spoil the fun. I asked this several times for RF1 but the game was already done, but here we are in beta...

I know you could edit the time in the files of RF1 the problem then was when you went online you had mismatch, believe me I had very sad days at some times and is the only thing that also made me stop playing RF1 as I was getting extremely annoyed with it.

Hopefully you take this in consideration or make even a separate option so we can drive % of laps with no time limit issue. I would be so thankful.

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Can't you just, you know, set the race to 30 laps?

3. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Exactly i was just going to the same.

4. deadraque

deadraque Registered

You Misunderstand, So In a season Formula 1 all your races are 30 laps...? no I don't think so!

Each Race in real life never has the same amount of laps. In real life the Malaysian GP has 56 Laps, Monaco Has 78 Laps, if i set it to 100% +100% time the race end around lap 35 for Malaysia and around 50 for Monaco unable to finish the real laps as scheduled.

I I follow your Ideas all my races have the same amount of laps would be ridiculous, by the way GTL, GTR2, WTCC, Race 07 all have the option, RFACTOR doesn't!

I just tried the Malaysian championship with the Formula Renault, I tried at 30% of the race (time 30% also as I have no choice) So I had 8 laps to do, the race ended after 6 laps, it's frustrating.

I hope you understand what I mean

5. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I definately understand deadraque, each track they race in F1 alters the laps to fit in with a uniform distance throughout the championship. I think you make an excellent point sir.

6. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Shouldn't this be in the "Wish" section then.;)

7. deadraque

deadraque Registered

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ah, didn't consider the season thing because there isn't one yet. My mistake. =)

How can 50% of laps and 50% of time be so far from each other?

9. deadraque

deadraque Registered

What do you mean by so far from each other?

10. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

If Monaco is in the same season as Spa, you wouldn't want to do 50% of Monaco's laps at Spa! Good point.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

What we have right now, works OK as long as gdb for each track is OK and match performance of racing series you race in.
    Let's say, we have a GT season with 2h races. 2h at Spa, that would be 52 laps and as long as that is set up in gdb as default lap count, it will work like you want (so 50% time and 50% laps will give you the same).
    But if we now take F1 for example, it will do much more laps within 2h than those 52 so 50% time and 50% lap count combination won't work as expected anymore.

What we need, is ability to define our own season settings about, how many laps or race time is permited for each track for our defined season (instead of having those values sort of hard coded into GDB files).

12. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I mean how is it that when set to 100% you can drive the full 60 laps without time running out, but when set to 50% you can only manage 15 or so laps before time runs out, like you said in your first post?

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

We need a championship creation tool for offline championships so we can manually set these parameters ourselves. Setting 50% would work fine (in theory if this issue is fixed) if we run say F1 cars on a F1 circuit, but say I want to run touring cars on an Indycar circuit- things get complicated.

14. deadraque

deadraque Registered

It does run out also at 100% if for example you have to do 30 laps at 50% and run out at 20 laps you will run out after 40 laps at 100% instead of the 60 laps you should do.

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Oh, so the problem is actually that the race time defined in the track's files doesn't match the speed of the series used. I see.

Yeah, pretty much the only way around that would be to be able to turn off the time limit entirely. Hopefully ISI will separate those controls from each other.

16. deadraque

deadraque Registered

What I did in rfactor 1 was editing in each track with max time so I wasnt annoyed with it but had to be done for each single track, but then came hell, because I had a mismatch error once I wanted to race online.

The funny thing is that gtl, gtr2, race07, evolution don't have that issue. The best thing we could get is a tool to create championships with no time limits and would be very usefull as we have different types of cars and races, because, malaysia can have 56 laps in f1 season, but doesn't mean it is the same amount in a gt league, and so on. Some leagues have also for example 2x14 laps.

17. Mobil1_14

Mobil1_14 Registered

How did you edit each track's time limit in Rfactor 1? Im currently using a NASCAR mod amd the max time limit is killing me. I dont plan to race online mainly offline

18. deadraque

deadraque Registered

You go to the folder of the track example D:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\track name here and open then the trackname.gdb file and edit this with a text editor like notepath there you can edit number of laps and time. You can also find some documentation on how to edit gdb files in rfactor has bee a while for me that I didn't do that as i am on Iracing for now.

19. Mobil1_14

Mobil1_14 Registered

Ok, I opened the trackname.gdb file and all that was in there as far as distance is concern is the race length in laps. It didnt say anything about time.

20. deadraque

deadraque Registered

Then it is missing and can add it to look where to add or how a gdb is originally look like you can go to the folder LIENZ from rfactor as that was shipped with game, there you will see practice and race duration and more, so you can see how it should look like.