Cant install cars or tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tinytomlogan, Feb 19, 2012.

1. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Registered

Hey peeps, new boy to the forums here and Ill apologise if Im making a n000b mistake here.

Ive followed the guides on how to install the cars and tracks but nothing is coming up in my list of mods to allow me to install it. Ive added the file in the correct place and Ive also tried manually looking for the folder but nothing is coming up in the mod manager.

Any advise?

[​IMG]

2. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Registered

Can anyone help me with this please?

3. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Registered

Please can someone help me, Ive got a game here Ive paid for I can do nothing with.

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I hope someone can guide you to the solution you need. Have you searched the forums fully? At first I thought it was because you possibly only added the one mod to the install, but the instructions do not say either way whether or not to have all of ISI's mods installed, in fact, from what I just read, a person doesn't need all 3+the one updated mod to have a successful install. But one thing I cannot tell from your screenshots is if you have the path to the Packages directory set right, which could be the problem, I'm unsure.

5. Will Fly

Will Fly Registered

i think in mod manager there is a tab at the top called options click that and and untick the box if it says show mods only

hope this helps

6. Will Fly

Will Fly Registered

mine also says library>my documents>rfactor2>packages

windows 7 64bit

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Can you see the .rfmod files in the Packages folder?
    I believe by default the number of files you needed to download was four...including the FR3.5 update 1.1.
    Make certain the files are not in torrent or zip form. It should have an rfmod extension.
    The Packages folder seems to be in different locations depending on where you install things.
    Mine is inside my RF2 folder...some people have it in the Documents folder.

8. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Can you expand out you folder tree??

It does appear that you have placed your rfmod file in the wrong location....but I am only going on gut here, based on the pic.

9. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Registered

Ive put the rfmod file in the my documents>rfactor2>packages - directory and its just the Renault file Ive dropped in Ive not used any of the others yet?

10. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Can you maybe try uninstalling rFactor2 and then reinstalling it? This may not work, but it's worth a try at least.

Scott

11. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

If that doesn't work, could you make a screenshot of your my documents>rfactor2>manifests folder?