Steering Wheel Range or Sensitivity changes on track - no driving possible

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by JDilla, Feb 19, 2012.

1. JDilla

JDilla Registered

I copied this from the 49-build-forum, i dont know if you read the old threads as good as the new ones ;)

"I had this problem severals times now and its very annoying. My Logitech Driving Force GT gets extremely sensitive while driving, like someone changes the steering range to 30° or increase the sensitivity for the wheel to 500%.
    I have to get to the pits and on track again, to make everything back to normal again..

It happens from one corner to the other, from one second to the next while being on track. I hope i could give enough input to solve this problem ;)"

I have to quiet playing, if this happens. Very bad!

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Do experience the issue in other games/sims?

3. JDilla

JDilla Registered

Thanks for your reply! To be honest, the wheel is quiet new and if i play something, its rf2. But i tested it with pCars some minutes and didnt notice that issue. I installed the newest driver from logitech and there is no error or something.

I uploaded a small video on youtube, to show you "how it happens"! The first 1gear corner shows, how i turn the wheel, if everything is okay. After the straight, in the corner, the problem begins to start and i have to quit.

http://youtu.be/X4mGuEgHpe8

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Did you try to set the speed-sensitivity to zero ? But it does looks really odd, I must say.

5. JDilla

JDilla Registered

I tested it, but it makes no difference. Its just bad to drive, because of the low steering sensivity :)

My problem also starts on straights, that was new for me.

Do you have all informations? Should i give more system specs? Its very annoying, because i cant drive online with this..

6. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I have heard the rare report of a wheel apparently changing its steering lock while driving, which might be what's happening (although it could not be made to happen again, unlike your case). One thing to try is to turn off "Vehicle Set" on the steering wheel range, even though it shouldn't make a difference for your wheel. One other thing to check: make sure Steering Help is Off (I'm not sure why we default it to Low ... that's been really confusing to me at times).

Let us know if any of this helps.

7. henri200

henri200 Registered

I had a problem when game changed steering range randomly. I had set steering range 900 degrees in Logitech Gaming Software and in-game 300. When driving, at some completly random time it changed steering range from 300 degrees to 900 degrees. To get it back to 300 I had to change it in-game to some other number and then back to 300. To avoid this problem, I have put 300 degrees in LGS. It isn't perfect solution though, because if I want to use different range then I have to change it in LGS rather than in-game.