RF2 Server Open - Online Racing Australia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORA-Quasi, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

All working now c4rLo5, hows that setup going for you mate, best for me was a 1.57.4 in the F3 last night

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Hope to turn a few laps on the server this weekend.

3. Darcon

Darcon Registered

will have to give this a go tomorrow!

4. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Registered

Yeah cheers for that. Gonna give it another go tonight! Try for under 2.00 for starters :)

:( Forgot to save that setup, can't find t now

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  5. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Some haven't noticed server details, so I have renamed server, and limited cars to F3 only, to save confusion. A couple are saying they can't access the server, or getting disconnects/errors, but quite a few others are getting in and racing, so no explaination on what is happening for those couple of people.

Since these problems never came up when the Meganes were running I reluctantly feel it is something to do with the mod that is running.

6. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I've put up the Meganes at Searspoint, so check the first post of this thread and check the FULL details.

I've also sent a PM to Mianiak with the link to an extra share on this track (mod and all three patches in single download).

I have joined the server three times without a problem, so shouldn't be any of the connectivity issues reported with the classic F1 mod (which we will return to in a few days as we are having a fun night with them).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  7. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

F3 fun night with 10 lap races. Session gets underway in 20 minutes (7PM Australian Eastern). Check first post of this thread for details.

8. smithy

smithy Registered

I was having a look on the server list last night and sadly the ~ORA RFACTOR2 server wasn't listed.....I'm a relative newb but would love to have a pedal in the F3 machines aorund the outer loop at Mills with some other Aussies..!

Cheers,
    Smithy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
  9. Manta

Manta Registered

same. ORA server is not showing up in my browser too. Disappointing as im in Adelaide and love the idea of a local, low ping server

10. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

RF2 keeps refusing to speak to matchmaker. Twice today I have restarted the dedicated server.

11. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Server change made. Check first post of the thread for full details.

12. smithy

smithy Registered

Thanks Quasi,
    I'll have a fumble around tonight to see if I can get it happening on the server list.

The F3's with their lower power make it a little more "driver reliant" and reward smoothness and corner speed instead of the "point, shoot and hold-on" of the F1 machines. Bunches of fun battling with similar powered/perfomance cars too..!

I often find I outbrake myself and end up in the marbles or off into the scenery at that tight left after the long left sweeper on the outer loop at Mills....anybody else find this corner difficult?? Took me a good 10-12 laps before I could just get around it without screwing it up..! Once the track is well rubbered it's not too bad...but during those first few "green" laps she's a bit nasty..! ;-)

Cheers,
    Smithy.

13. ROON

ROON Registered

That corner is a tough one. I think I've mastered it in the Meganes but in an F3 it'd be totally different. Still haven't come in for a race, might turn a few laps tonight. :)

14. smithy

smithy Registered

Hey Roon,
    I haven't tried it in the Meganes....I like the "old-skool" stuff. I'm trying to get under 2:00 in the Spark F3, best so far is 2:00.3xx and I was on my limit.... My average is usually 2:01-2:02-ish...I'll get there one day......dunno how these guys are doing 1:57's...I'd be into all the walls and fences etc...and spending half my pit time digging gravel out of the bodywork..! ;-)

Cheers,
    Smithy.

15. Bazza

Bazza Registered

Anyone giving you a setup yet? I was struggling myself, I saw guys running 1:57's but i was struggling to get even bellow a 2:01! At first i thought set-up and went a bit nuts and achieved nothing, so went back to stock with just gearing,fuel and minor braking tweaks and got it down to the 2:00:* pretty consistantly.

Then, minor tweaks and less than 20 laps (id done 50+ stock to get bugger all just learning track+sim)of testing adjustments and i smacked in a 1:58 easy.Compared to rf1 subtle set-up tweaks seem to have far more impact in rf2, its a good thing imo.

Happy to send you my set-up if you think it may help you.

16. smithy

smithy Registered

Thanks for the offer Bazza, I might take you up on that..!

I'm doing fairly consistent 2:00's but I need to be able to get into the 1:57's to compete with the other guys etc...

Cheers,
    Smithy.

17. ROON

ROON Registered

18. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I wish, but I don't have time to create a VMOD for it.

19. ROON

ROON Registered

Bummer. This VMOD business is a bit silly.

20. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered