SlowMotion bug gotten worse with build 60

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Anakin, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Anakin

Anakin Registered

I had that slow motion bug in the previous build few times (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3773-Online-Racing-Strange-Lags one example here, also called 'dropping out of the physics sync' or something like that) online. But it was like once or twice per race and about 2 secs per time.

Now I tried the new build online and it was horrible. Car was most of the time in same kind of "almost slowmotion" mode, like the original slow motion bug but not as bad. Still my laptime for clear lap in Mills Short was about 3-4 secs too slow atleast. And that slower motion was now almost the whole lap, sometimes it runnes perhaps with real speed but most of the time like 70-80% speed, so it wasn't as bad as previosly, but it lasted much longer and happened much more often.

Game runs offline about 150fps and online of course little less, but is still playable.

To me this is a real showstopper for online racing.

2. Tolik

Tolik Registered

Thanks isi for the new build ! it really doubled my fps. On lowest settings now i have about 60-90 fps.
    (Notebook Acer 5542g: X2 2,0ghz, 3,2GB, Ati 4570, win7 32bit, thrustmaster gamepad)

But the slowdowns now got worser. Doesent mather witch settings iam useing after about 10 seconds this slowdown bug begins and dont stops. With more cars on track its getting even worser, so i have the slowdown fulltime. lol

:(

3. RS2

RS2 Registered

4. Anakin

Anakin Registered

I started to investigate this little bit more few days ago and when checking how to lock the clock multiplier on my i5-750 I noticed that the stock cooler must have been malfunctioning/installed wrongly or something as my cpu temperature was way too high on idle and cpu couldn't run on full power more than few seconds. So I was playing rF2 with cpu thas was running about ~50% of it's capacity :D

Now with a new proper cooler my temperatures are keeping low and quick online test went ok without slowmotion.