Steering lag in new build?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcoSaupe, Feb 18, 2012.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

after I installed the new update I somehow had strange feeling while driving. At first I couldn't place it, but then I got the feeling, there may be a small input lag - it's not much, but something is strange. A few other drivers in my league reported a similar feeling.

My wheel is a BRD Sim Sports, no FBB (turned off in ini), no own driver (standard windows "joystick".

2. Jul

Jul Registered

Hi,

Don't know if it is the same problem as me, but I had to disable "Flush Previous Frame" in the player.PLR file,
    that I had previously set to 1, to remove stutters in build 49.

Regards

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I had this problem and found my video drivers were out dated. New drivers fixed it.

It felt like everything was behind my movements, although I was getting a good framerate, it wasn't jsut the input lag, it was everything lag, it was a very weird feeling.

Anyhow, updating your video drivers should fix this issue.

4. JDilla

JDilla Registered

Wow this problem is huge for me!

If i turn left - right - left and so on, 3sec later the wheel ingame is 180° behind the real movement. I didnt changed anything on my settings, just installed the new version. I also already use the newest nVidia driver, so its not a driver problem.

I cant drive anymore :(

System:

2500K - 8GB
    GTX 280 - Logitech Driving Force GT

EDIT: I found something, that makes it better. There is a new option in the "configure sim" menue called "Sync:". I put it from Software to GPU and now the wheel lag is on minimum again!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  5. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

I also have the latest nV driver, I don't have stuttering (solid fps >100)... but "Flush Previous Frame" seems to help - not sure if it's totally gone (it's difficult to measure), but it's definitely driveable again, thanks.

6. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

i have the newest NV Driver, a new PLR (Flush Previous Frame=0) but though a very little controller input lag in the new build, it's to 100% drivable, but not funny

7. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Problem is solved, it's important, to set the sync option in the rF2 Launcher to GPU, no input lag anymore :)

8. JDilla

JDilla Registered

I thought we have a "Edit-Button", correct me if i am wrong.

But yes, as i posted before, you have to change the sync option to GPU.

9. addyduss

addyduss Registered

On my new system with fresh rF2 install steering lag also noticable now, never seen it before update. Cant say it effects driving or not, at least its not a big problem, but i can clearly see it so it reduces immersion.

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for the tip, I had it too.

11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

After the update FPS almost the same but I felt something different in the FFB - were drivin the classic 60s and now I don`t get the "connected to track" feeling back. I could feel the car and interact a lot more than now. I tried anything in the vsync options, new controller files, loading old controller files, stand.G25 controller file but I dont get the right feeling back. I am on a new player file and still a big difference.
    Went to an friend with same config who didn`t update yet and whom I sent my changes weeks ago and there everything feels like I like it. He still did not update. Anyone got the same - or is it lag what I am experiencing?

12. Nielty

Nielty Registered

i have change the sync option to GPU and it works bud Now I get half as many fps

13. Raikku

Raikku Registered

What is "sync option"?

14. Zophyael

Zophyael Registered

I too am having a very minor lag affecting the steering. I haven't tested it against the pedals yet, but I'll get on that. I'm using a standard G25 setup. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but I have no issues with other race sims.

15. addyduss

addyduss Registered

i believe any sort of steering lag in new build is caused by sync option, try to change it.

16. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Something I posted elsewhere ...

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2530-Steering-delay-with-Logitech-MOMO-Racing-Wheel?p=36950&viewfull=1#post36950

In the cases where you're getting massive lag, it's almost certainly due to frames backing up in the video driver. Personally I would turn off junk like triple buffering and/or lower the amount of maximum pre-rendered frames, at least for any driving simulation where input lag is vitally important to the experience. Note that we've seen cases where bad video drivers appear to ignore the settings and keep a ton of frames queued up.

Hope this helps.