rFactor2 - LiveMonitor and Hotlaps Released

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by vyrush, Feb 18, 2012.

1. FraG

FraG Registered

Thanks for this vyrush... This is a great piece of work! I now have it running the Live Timing @ www.blazemotorsport.eu :)

2. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Ah thanks mate.. Glad that it could be of use..
    Working on a Live track position to be integrated with this.. hopefully i can get it done.. will update here..

3. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

I made a Mysql DB on my web server.

I can connect to it with my LiveMonitor DataLogger.

When I go to to my webserver and enter the URL .../livemonitor/install/ and enter the mysql DB name then click create DB and execute script, absolutely nothing happens. No error, and no database tables created. I can see the DB in phpmyadmin, empty with out a table. In my web panel for the user being used for this DB I have selected ALL PRIVILEGES.

Suggestions? Something I've possibly over looked?

4. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

Same for me fella, but you can add the 3 database files found in the 'install' folder manually by going to your cpanels 'myphpadmin', select your livetiming database on the left then 'import' all three files one by one...

5. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Yes, that worked. Looks like I've got everything understood and put in place. After doing that however I've determined I cannot use this in our situation. My group rents a high powered server, but its a multi-game platform, some games are ranked FPS, so we only have access to a web panel to administer. Works fine for all our games, and rf2, but with no desktop access, I can't easily get all of the needed programs on that machine.

I used one in the past for rF1 that did not need all of this. But I commend you on your creation and wish you luck. It will definitely be of good use for those that have different setups than us.

6. vyrush

vyrush Registered

@gotBurner - mate can you get access to desktop or ask the provider to just install the application for you?
    for rF1, if we used the hotlaps, you still needed to install it on the server machine as well..
    if you need a work around, just let me know what you think might help you in your situation..

and as for the database not working correctly for remote machines other than having to install it manually.. im looking into it now..

7. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

No, we can not get desktop access to the machine unless we drop the game servers that we run on that machine that are RANKED from EA/Dice. We have many members that play these games and its economical for us to go that route. Yes, they can install it, but its not a matter of if they can do it or not, its a matter of if we have to go that route then we rather avoid it. Only because of any issue that may pop up, or updates, etc. If we do not have access to it, we complicate things.

Much appreciate your interest in an alternative. The entire rFactor server GUI setup is not ideal for customers of servers that only offer web panel access, like our situation, but our host admin programmed it to work after much head banging. I hope devs of plugins in the future realize that many server renters out there are in this situation and cannot easily load additional programs on their rented servers with out the hoster admin going in there and doing it for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  8. vyrush

vyrush Registered

this is definitely something to think about.. I will try and see if i can actually adapt to something that is completely web-based..
    although my previous and initial version was somewhat to the extent of wat you want.. but it was slowing up the rf2 dedicated server.. with random fps drops.. maybe i need to go thru tht again and see if these is something that i can come out with..

9. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Will be releasing an early version of trackpositioning system with liveMonitor..
    it should include a couple of tracks...

10. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with fella...

11. vyrush

vyrush Registered

UPDATE:
    v1.0.3.2 now has Live Track Position
    Please download it via the LiveMonitor updater

Includes
    2 layouts of Malaysia
    2 layouts of Mills

Implemented using HTML5 canvas, so you need a browser that supports it. I have tried both on chrome and firefox. Sorry didn't test it on IE at all.

Note:
    Circuit images, and scripting, etc, will go through more refinement and will provide more improvement in later updates

12. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

'The archive is either in unknown format or damaged' is what it says when trying to unzip it...
    Downloaded through the updater...
    Its also 0kb :(

13. vyrush

vyrush Registered

14. B1gch0pper

B1gch0pper Registered

No bud, it updated before from 1030 to 1031 ok, but have got the update from your link now, on my way to install :)

15. vyrush

vyrush Registered

mate.. i just found an error.. pls redownload the pack again..
    same link..

16. vyrush

vyrush Registered

UPDATE : v1.0.3.3 Released

- Added all the default ISI rFactor2 Tracks in live track position system
    - Added the plugin to generate your own track maps of different circuits
    - Added a instruction/guide to build your own trackmaps of circuits
    - Hotlaps updated, now the difference between top time and the rest is shown

Please update via LiveMonitor.exe or download from the link below:
    http://malaysiansimracers.com/fahad/rF2/LiveMonitor/updates/LMDataLogger1033.zip

Thank you

17. D34N0

D34N0 Registered

hi vyrush. I'd love to get this working on my hosted server here but all i get in the log window is ": Error found, Resuming DataLogger".

The logger can connect to the MySQL server ok (MySQL is running on a different machine to the Logger and Website)
    The logger reports a valid session is running in rfactor2.
    The log file is being created and put into the C:\LiveMonitorLog folder

Nothing is being written to the livetiming database (each of the 3 tables are empty)

Is there any way I can get more details about the error? I've looked for a log file but can't find one.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Dean

18. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Hi D34NO, are you sure the user that is connecting the MySQL database has the correct privilege to perform insert and update queries?
    There was one user here, had the same issue, but seemed like the mysql user that he provided didnt have the right privileges.

19. flavor

flavor Registered

We are going to test it in our server, in a hosting with only control pannel like gotBurnerĀ“s one. In our case, the admin is going to install the system (plpugins and datalogger), and we are going to prepare our webserver to accept remote mysql connections.

But we see one possible problem looking at the help of the datalogger:
    IMPORTANT:
    When you want to stop logging, please make sure that you click Stop first and thenthen click on the Quit Button, failing to do so, will result in incorrect data in the Database

Because of they are in dedicated root servers, not at home, when there is an Windows update or system reboot ,
    Will this make everytime the system reboots incorrect data in our database?
    If so, this will be a big problem. Once a month Microsoft give updates.

20. vyrush

vyrush Registered

This shouldn't be a problem.. as i have added an additional option which doesn't require that.. but i have take into concern this issue. And i will provide a better solution. Although the current version shouldn't be a problem.