Only In Beta And Already Badmouthers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OffCamberCustoms, Feb 18, 2012.

1. OffCamberCustoms

OffCamberCustoms Registered

Well. Owned the game 3 days now. Absolutely Love it. Still a rookie getting used to the wheel i just bought. Thankyou to thoes who race clean and use brakes. And now for the point of this thread. Was racing online. Belgium to be exact. slowly getting faster, when out of no where some one takes me out. Plenty of room to slowdown or pass. But no. Right into the back of me. So i politely ask why i was taken out. All of a sudden this "Apocalypse Dan" guy says "Shut Up Or Leave" and continued the whole time by telling me "Your Crap"...........Now i dont know about you. But im sure we were all "crap" at one point. But not "Dan The Man" oh no. He was born a legend.:rolleyes: Anyways. I guess the point of this post is to call these ignorant people out. I dont know about you but I didnot just spend ninety dollars to be called "crap" on-line, quite capable of that myself when i spin. Oh. and when i said i may be crap but it still makes be better then him. He magically granted himself admin and kicked me. Im really not happy about this. And i understand ISI does not control online action. But. We can call these people out to make them known.
    Truly not impressed.

On the Bright Side
    Great Job Tim,ISI. The whole community. In the 3 days i have had this game. It has surely became my new favorite sim. And now with this Logitech Driving Force GT i just bought. I Can only get faster. Maby one day be a "Legend" like "Apocalypse Dan";) and not be referred to as "Crap"
    And the update was a sinch to install.
    Thankyou guys.

2. Kiro

Kiro Registered

+1
    hehe, nice first post, welcome to public servers.
    Dunno if you've been around simracing long but, it's best to join a league.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Welcome to gaming in general. lol.

Don't take open server racing too seriously, especially guys with nicknames. lol.

4. OffCamberCustoms

OffCamberCustoms Registered

Hey Kiro thanks for the welcome. I have always been into racing games but new to the steering wheel. Also not familiar with the "Leagues" sounds interesting though. Ill look into it for sure thankyou.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

1) you might have been driving slow on the racing line the faster driver might have expected you to move out the way.

2) if it someone else server you are a guest they are paying for that server so its up to them how they treat you.

3) if you are slower than 2 seconds of the pace of the track or not on a hot lap or in position in race then pull off the track , don't wait for the last minute.

" I dont know about you but I didnot just spend ninety dollars to be called "crap" on-line"

Why do you care what people call you on-line just ignore it , as for the kicking/banning if you had been more polite u probably wouldn't have been kicked and if the server admin were F***ers then why would you want to race on there server anyway ?

Even if you drive perfect you can get banned from server due to people thinking you are a crasher ,admin banning wrong person , random lag, admin having a bad day , just suck it up :).

I do think ISI should host 3-5 or so servers that run all default content in a sprint race format that uses voting or has a level headed community admin to manage them and to ban people.

It will never be perfect but official servers that offer a basic degree of server quality and consistantcy would certainly help make the game more accessible to pub and casual racers.

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I don't think this game will ever truly be accessible to casual gamers. I remember reading one late-in-the-day review by a console gamer who decided rFactor1 was the most unrealistic thing ever because you needed to consciously brake and place the car properly for the first corner.

I'm not even joking. He attributed it to 'awful understeer' when he'd not really even bothered lifting. He then used this one experience to proclaim it would never be as realistic as anything on the Playstation and claimed PC Gamer were full of crap for giving it an editor's choice award.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unfortunately this is gaming, and nobody can control this completely, even those who say they can. :)

8. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

The guy is spinning BS. I joined the server just b4 he was kicked. It did not go down as described.
    I'd gladly take the time to help any newbie and do. This guy was telling us right from wrong in his first test online.
    I would still help him if I came across him online, but m8, loose the attitude. Most guys are friendly and willing to help out but not if you act like that.

9. coops

coops Banned

get in a league..learn the game i joined rf about a yr and a bit ago i joined a league.. they were more help to me than any 1.. yes there are gd and bad leagues just look around and find 1 with the racing you like and a gd bunch of guys. then you will learn more than you ever thought you would. now for being new this is not a console i came from xbox and had to adjust. most of the ppl on here are a lot more into there racing and simulation which you dont really get on a console.

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

You simply don't do that. The one in front holds their line, it's the responsibility of the one behind to get past. You can slow down a bit if you really want, but hold your line. That's the way it happens in multi-class racing too. Trying to give way will just lead to erratic behavior and more crashes.

11. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Agree. But not all online "racers" seem to understand that (do racers in leagues have this regulation as well? never been in a league).

I love multi-class racing (coming from classic sports car modding group). When I was still racing online with rFactor1, I also often push off the track when I was sticking to my driving line, but the driver behind me (who was faster because he was in different class vehicle) didn't want to change his line either and instead chose to push me off track just before we enter a corner.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  12. Novis

Novis Registered

Sadly this tends to be the way open servers work, both in style of language and racing. It's a shame.

If you want to race online I recommend joining one or more leagues. There people pay a little more respect to each other and the racing is a lot better. Hopefully you also can get some help to improve or with setups.

1 person likes this.
  13. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I'm sorry but if a faster car is coming up behind me as I enter a corner or if I am in the middle of a corner I will hold my line until I come to a straight.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's not true. There are good public servers online. The IsR guys do a very good job. Most of the time a admin is online and those guys know how to handle a public server. The problem of the most publics is the vote system because there is no admin online.

15. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I was just saying what often happens :)

Ideal thing for me is for slow drivers to hold line so I know what they are doing it can be near impossable to pass some people when they are off the braking points by over 10M lol

1 person likes this.
  16. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Spa is a long track so once you have blown your lap it is a long way to the start finish line

Hey I was in the server last night when you got Banned mate and you was driving in a Team Server while the team was in there training like a guy on a controler you was crashing at every turn and then pulling out infront of drivers then after causing many crashes you was in a crash that was not your fault then you scream at him that he should learn to drive it was at this point
    ApocalypseDan told you to Shut up I agreed with him as you had done this to nearly every other driver in the server in one way or another

you two then started calling each other whats what then he banned you

If I was you I would read about Motorsport Rules in general especially the sections on Flags as you seem to have no idea what they mean.
    when you go into some ones server do not act like you own it
    and try to drive with in your limits what I see last night I would say spend a bit more time in single player and get some set up worked out and learn the tracks so you know what coming next that way you will be on the right side of the track for that corner

PS Nice 1st post and welcome to the Community .

Top post

17. Moderator

Moderator Guest

:) Already thought so.......first post here, coming across as mister knowitall........

Ran into him before, telling people what to do, kept on whining and kept on making sure everybody had to know he was right and knew about racing........

Nothing more irritating than a smartass, especially when you're trying to do some laps.

18. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Man the guys that are in that server he was in do not run races at the moment they are smashing laps out trying perfect their set ups via MoTeC as I said Spa is a long arse track and to have some one sitting side wards in one of the first 5 corners is pretty annoying.
    They are all right guys if you come in the server with the right attitude, In fact Fergy and Michi love to help anyone who asks, they love it any way I just wanted to tell the other side to this story and hope that It dose not stop any one else's from popping in and having a few laps with us all just remember it is not a picnic area or Sunday drive in the country, But a race track with guys trying to get the fastest laps they can screw out of their Cars, This game is so new that hop lapping with the live timing
    Is wicked as you have a hall of fame for the best time for that diver come in and see where you stack in the list

http://ftgx.dyndns.org/vmliveview2/hotlaps.php?TrackName=Belgium

this ulr is only temp until Frank releases the Plugin to the Public

PS OffCamberCustoms last though Go rent your own server and be the admin then you cant get banned

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

It's simple. Comeback in and let's try two things. Redeem yourself and give the Server a chance to redeem it's self. Things happen in the heat of the moment and lets face it if harsh words are the worst thing happening in the World at the moment we live in a pretty good place. See ya online soon.

Bryan Ferguson, regular server admin for ARI.

1 person likes this.
  20. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Thanks Tosch we at IsR try to be fair and have fun in our public server I have only banned one person since game release,
    we also run league races and all fair drivers are welcome to sign up, as someone said earlier most public servers, can be
    a bit random remember some people run there servers from a home machine and run it how they want, all I can add is
    we are all different is the way we drive some fast some average some slow, in my experience of 8 years of sim racing
    if a mistake is made its far better to say sry and forget it, as a fight gets you down and puts you off the game. :)