The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. massimiliano

massimiliano Registered

ola Tim I have a problem. in the c / user / max do not have any folder RF2. The build then where should I install? if you can help me. thank you very much:confused:

2. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

This +1

Also rF1 cost me about $45 close to 6 years ago, I figure that it has been the best bang for my buck in software purchase history for me. Personally spending $85 on rF2 is a no brainer, even if rF2 is a fail, (which it wont be) I still consider myself way in front dollar value wise for all the fun ISI (& the modding community) have given me over those years.

Back on topic, Build 60 has been a great improvement for me, playability & FPS wise, huge improvement. I'm enjoying the journey to gold. :D

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Just wished they could make more money from us, the simracing world aint that big really.

I went for the lifetime same hour we could buy it. But I still think they should have ways to earn more money on rf2. After all, they will support it and update it probably for a long time.

I would gladly pay 10-30 usd every year just for some extra quality content packages from ISI. They should rack up 2-3 extra tracks every year and also 2-3 cars and charge for it.

I hope ISI will find a way to make more money out of rf2 in the end.

I would even support a sim that was far more expensive than this as long as the product is far greater than anything on the market.

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

You shouldn't have gone lifetime then. I'm sticking with the annual payments to tempt them into taking my money for along time. =)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

ISI doesn't make all it's money from you guys, although you are a big part.

We stay small, out of debt and able to adapt both the products and the business. It works, and has for 20 years.

6. 88mphTim

Install where it tries to install by default if those locations are ok for you.

7. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Try and appreciate that, not everyone has a days pay (as you put it) to shell out on a game. Myself, I exist on pension credit but I know a lot of young people can't get the jobs (or any jobs) you so boastingly refer to.

8. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I agree, I survive on Carer's Allowance and the 60 quid i paid for life time membership is over a weeks money which i had to carefully budget and save for.

9. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, that's one way to do it!

But if you guys can come up with some way to earn more money on us, in a delicate and pleasing way for us ofcourse, please do it!

Cause you deserve more money in the end. And we should never have to get the feeling for a stale product after many years.

10. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Should have some senior citizen discount and other discounts for people with some less cash IMHO, let us other take the extra hit on the price instead.

11. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

It's all relative.

The price of a PC to run this game is substantial, let alone the prices of an Operating System, other software like Microsoft Office etc. which you may use. If you can afford a PC, I'd find it surprising you couldn't afford software to use on it.

It's kinda like being able to afford to buy a car but not the petrol. I would say the car was the bad purchase option, not the petrol.

12. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

Building a PC to run a game of this quality isn't as expensive as most people think. Sure, a few years ago you really had to shell out a couple of thousand to get a decent gaming PC, but now they can be had for a couple of hundred. In this day and age, you only need to spend around 6-7 hundred on a computer that is capable of playing a high detail game at full graphics.
    My PC with a Sapphire 6770 and FX-4100 CPU cost me $800AU, and that can play rF2 at full graphics with AI. If I really wanted to I could have paid $400 and still have been able to play rF2 at medium/high graphics, gaming PC parts are getting cheaper and cheaper except for the top of the line products.

13. 88mphTim

There's really no point in saying that something is or isn't expensive, because you all differ on what you consider those two things to mean. ;)

14. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

Well I concider $50 to be kind of expensive :p I don't often get the chance to splash $800 on something, and my PC was in progress for about 3 years before I had enough money for all the parts I wanted.

15. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Exactly.

Personally, I paid $43.99 to drive F1 cars around Spa and Monaco. I am very satisfied with what my money has bought me (I've already invested at least 40 hours just on Spa). There are apparently some other features in rFactor 2, but I haven't bothered with them ;)

In other words...people think the game is way too expensive; I'm the opposite. I've been ready to throw my cash at ISI since the first time I saw that soundless Spa video. But then again, that may be due to my vintage F1 obsession more than anything else...

16. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

That's why I spent the money. It ain't a pretty game IMHO, but damn Spa is fun!

17. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

What? Tim please, send John ISI's bank account so he can send you every month a fee. Don't waste this opportunity!

18. 88mphTim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.