The first update - Build 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

"Configurable multiplayer race countdown timer ("Race Client Wait" in multiplayer.ini)" -this was very much needed, thanks. I was among people requesting this :)

I get 10-20 more FPS with update (HD6950). Before it was around 70 in Mills in practice, now around 90. I hope I will now be able to race online with HDR, sun occl and road reflections on. Env reflections still give big performance drop, down to 50 FPS.
    Graphics overall looks nicer, but still juggied lines everywhere without using SSAA. And still many shadows are flickering to some degree, but its bearable.

It looks like a car not appearing in showroom and upgrades screen. I`ll check more and submit a report later.

2. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Smooth install and everything still works in Single player and online.
    Jim

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The instructions in the first post are exactly how you need to do it. Auto updating (that is: automatic finding of the update exe by the launcher) is all you need to have an active account for. The first post is instructions on how to do it manually, so if you follow them you do not need any license on the machine to update it...

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

stable frames now, under all conditions, but now i have a very little controller input lag, independent of FPS, not much but not how should it be in a precise Simulation

5. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Well the Application did close, but would not let it overwrite the launcher.exe anyway. I got it updated now though, i checked for full-access rights for the folder / Subfolders / files and tried again, same error.

By accident, whilst reading some article on the internet about win 7 user rights ( maybe 2-3 mins ) and then clicking on "try again" solved the problem lol

Maybe the Launcher App just takes like a minute or so to fully vanish from the systems memory or stuff.. i checked in the task manager for the processes but it always closed the launcher in there.

Anyway, it works now. Will try it out later to check out if i also got fps improvements, thanks for the update!

6. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Gr8 work guys!!!!!
    The update is a step in the right direction. Smooth install and I even have my nickname in game now. Bonus.
    I am able to turn the graphics options up to almost full everything and I'm only running a OC GT8800.
    Dam, Spa looks SO much better now. Havent had a chance to run anything else yet.
    Job well done. Looking forward to whatever else you have in store for us.

PS. Fried my Thermaltake 430W PSU last week. Its a few years old now. It just couldnt handle the OC (Q6600 @ 2880mhz) and me bashing out laps at Spa. Stunk up the place badly lol. Stuck in an Antec VP450P. Works gr8 and almost silent compared to the Thermaltake. I would recommend this brand PSU.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  7. Lupiae

Lupiae Registered

Thanks for the update guys.
    Installed without a glitch on both my gaming rig and my dedicated server.
    Update exe put in the update library, and updated through launcher.

I dont need to login on the launcher page on my dedicated box.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Generally I have a below-medium setup with graphics in mind, no HDR low AA, 8 visible cars, 5pm (Sun Occlusion On), every setting in B49 same in B60, latest nVidia Beta drivers.

Grid Start average FPS during the Red Light sequence with Meganes/Cockpit view:

Code:
    Track			B49 FPS			B60 FPS
    May North Loop		50			41
    Portugal		37			36
    Mills			46			38
    Monaco			25			22
    Spa			34			34

Whilst Grid Start FPS has a significant drop I can confirm "Racing FPS" (as I call it!) has improved, example at Mills when taking the first left hander at Turn 1 I'd see mine drop to the low 30s but now its more stable in the 40s. Similar with the 60s F3s at May North Loop, certain sections the FPS would drop but now it seems more stable and at a higher rate.

The above update was installed straight over B49 with everything I had changed before, therefore I shall now uninstall RF2 completley and have a fresh install to test FPS with.

Also as has been said before and in this thread, having a proper benchmark would be a better way of gathering average FPS for everyone involved. Maybe this is something ISI might be able to do.

9. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

Kenneth Sehested Pedersen Registered

Could i lure u into posting all your gfx settings, since i am not even near that performance and i even have a faster GFX card than u (HD6970):confused:

10. Tuck

Tuck Registered

Is the controller input lag present for some people only? It would be horrid if there is input lag to put up with..

11. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Ok Tested for 12 hrs now
    On a sunny day tested only

I have Nvidia GTX560 3048 in SLI total vram 4096 I am running it on 3X24" monitors at a rez of 5860x1080
    whilst sat in pits on Spa I am getting 38 FPS it never drops below that as soon as I clear the Pit area My FPS rises to 56/59
    It is a massive improvement on the 49 release I can now run all 3 screens admittedly it get borderline in 1 or 2 spots but I am now using my PC as it should be used Kudos .
    all settings are on medium with x2AA and FXAA Disabled there is room for more tweaks but what a great place to start

FYI: I noticed that at some points of track I use 1100MB Vram per card so anyone with a Graphics Card with only 1GB Vram I think will still have problems but for the most part they stay about 900MB
    View attachment 1227

[​IMG]

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yep 1st post works fine if you have 1 room...atm im running multi rooms sharing the 1 data folder...doing this must make the launchers not pick up the update in the update folder and thats why its saying i dont have a licence as its trying to auto update...ill have to have a rethink of how to setup the multi installs ...maybe setup a dummy install and update that then cross over to the multi installs

13. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Just done a couple of quick 3 lap races at Snetterton and Mills and am pleased with the update so far.
    Better frame rates and no stuttering on the slow corners (yay!).

14. fastorro

fastorro Registered

greats news!

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

Help!

The update crashed my frames. Before the update I had very smooth gameplay. I only tested my frames a few times and I had allways 60 FPS +.

Now, sitting in the pit at Malaysia in practice with 20 AI I get 16 FPS, yes sixteen! Driving around the track is between 20 and 30 FPS, unplayable.

The settings are the same as before. I changed nothing.

I think it is connected to the AI.

After update:
    Malaysia, practice, sitting in the box, 00 AI = 120 FPS
    Malaysia, practice, sitting in the box, 01 AI = 80 FPS
    Malaysia, practice, sitting in the box, 05 AI = 50 FPS
    Malaysia, practice, sitting in the box, 10 AI = 30 FPS
    Malaysia, practice, sitting in the box, 20 AI = 16 FPS

I don't know how many FPS I had previous to the update, but I didn't care because it was very smooth and lag free even with 20 AI. Now it is unplayable.

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

The more i play rF2 the more i love rF1... rF1 looks much more modern than rF2... rF2 looks like a 2001 game, even Geoff Crammond's GP4 had better graphics... won't touch it anymore until final version is released, hope it will be this year with such low development...

17. OffCamberCustoms

OffCamberCustoms Registered

Hey Tim just wanted to drop a line. Update installed flawlessly.Great job. Also im not sure if you have made any adjustments, But my HDR seems to be 100% better?? If not odd lol. But if so great job.

18. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

The graphics aren't even finished yet, we know that because in the first update there was numerous changes made to things like HDR and overall effects.
    I know for a fact that neither GP4 or rF1 feels as good as rF2 does at the moment, even with my old MOMO Racing wheel :)

Also GP4s only good graphics come with mods, stock GP4 has NOTHING on rF2 in terms of graphics. But with mods I guess it does contend.

19. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

Im still getting low GPU usage, never goes above 75% and is usually closer to 50% and thus terrible performance no matter what settings i use.

20. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Pretty graphics is not the be all and end all with a racing simulator, it should be about making the cars behave as close to real life as possible! Development teams only have a finite number of "man hours" that can be spent on any title, sadly many have chosen to make nice looking tracks and cars, leaving us with "arcadey" physics.

ISI is here to represent the other side of the coin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.