V8 Supercars 2013

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by skipgamer, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

you should probably offer proof that they stole instead of just accusing... I mean how do you know?

2. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Lol /signed adubz and Esp ;)

3. Grubby

Grubby Registered

removed post.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  4. Ben Rothberg

Ben Rothberg Registered

Likewise!

5. quickiwi

quickiwi Registered

all here say, and hav'nt seen any your work ben. you guys should put up or shut up.I for 1 am a part of this community so for those who are not and have not been a part of this group[adn] ;please come see for yourself please don't form an opinion on someone else's indifferences .

6. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Each to their own opinion.

7. quickiwi

quickiwi Registered

I don't think its very mature to be name calling,but who's to know im not typing to little kids ?

8. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

A lot of older gamers here, and the kiddies also.

9. coops

coops Banned

cmon guys QUICKIWI likes ADN that's his choice.... the info is UP there.
    skipgamer you find who you want to help.
    but do know some guys that know about physics if you need help

10. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Skip contact flash at fvr he's always open to new people plus the team at fvr are awesome to work with. I'm sure another modler wouldn't go astray as they are a three person team

11. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Couldn't of recommended a better person myself :)

12. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

between flash and ferrit they taught me the ins and outs of track making owe alot to those two , have now moved off to do my own thing

13. DeM

DeM Registered

Being new with the Modding scene. I have been explained to there are many Models used in rfactor from lot's of other games. One is even in this very forum on rfactor 2 he is creating a new Street Car Mod. Historix is one you probably all race kk they put in a requirement that need GT Legends, they still do not get a approval from original makers, and putting the disc matters none as i will say most still not buy Disc. I can name lots other Mods that use Models from other games, you can too.

So what is point here ? We all race the rfactor 2 all have same passion. you not jump up and around about other models

Without a fight wanted adubz i have friend in F1 site 2 tell me directly you had models for v8 Supercars as well as other models. You must have a good talent which is good thing

ty for listening

DeM

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Skipgamer - I would like to say good work so far mate. The cars are looking good. Have you been modelling long?

15. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

First off, let me say that Skipgamer's models are excellent. Hope to see the FG pics soon mate. How long have you been modelling? Love your work.

In answer to Dem, there may be many models in rfactor that come from other games. But that is not modelling, that is simply copying someone else's work. That does not encourage talented modellers to make new mods (Does not mean that people who copy others work are not talented modellers either, but have taken the easy way out). And yes I am sure that there are users who do not care where the models come from. The greater issue is that copying work from games like Forza or Shift opens up the modding community to greater scrutiny by these Developers (and the concept of free mods become endangered ..... I have seen it before a few years ago with iRacing and the Nascar 2003 modding community with threats and counter threats of legal action which I am sure made a few modders just give up as it was not worth the effort)

Of course this is probably not the area to be condoning or objecting to this practice. This is a thread to show off Skipgamers models. Keep up the good work mate. I am not a modeller in any way shape or form, but can certainly admire your work.

16. Kowalski

Kowalski Registered

Great !! V8 Supercars is on the way.

17. skipgamer

skipgamer Registered

Thanks for the nice comments all. Quite surprised about the flame-fest that this thread created, anyway.

@dbens about 6 years on and off, mostly off, these are the first models I've tried to make in a lonnng time.

@tobi (and others) thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to get in touch with some people (and already have one), but I want to get at least the commodore spinner-ready before I actually commit to anything, I have a lot to learn still about shaders (I haven't touched them at all in rF apart from a track I was working on for rf1, even then it didn't go far.)

@the people who pm'd saying you'd love to test them... that's a loonnng way off I'd say.

anyway, I think a lot of people think the models better than it is, the soft-shadows in that render go a long way to giving a cool effect, so here's a recent quick render with some uv-mapping/quick texturing. (note: interior hardly touched)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  18. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Render looks great there skipgamer. Keep up the good work :)

19. ROON

ROON Registered

Lookin' good mate.

20. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

After experiencing the ADN mod in RF1, I look forward to a scratch built V8SC mod.

As for the ADN video, I'd really like to know why so many people create promo videos with shadows and other factors turned off. It cheapens the look of the mod, and makes it look too 'gamey'.

Adubz, you know me, and know that I call a spade a spade, and it's common knowledge the ADN mod was ripped from another source, so let's not get carried away mate:)

Yes, the important thing. When a V8 mod is released people will make their own decision on whether to go with it or not (or which one if we get lucky).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012