Material Settings for MAX8 needed

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Fonsecker, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

Are there any material Settings ISI suggest for the cars?

For RF1 there where MAX files with perfect material settings.
    Does anyone have such good settings to share and/or a 3dsmax8 format MAX file with these settings for WCCARBODY/Windows and such materials?

Would be very nice because i am stuck in the settings i have, they don´t look that good as the original RF2 cars.

2. toebee

toebee Registered

Look thru the shader list in max. They named alot for you (i.e. windshield). However this is a beta and some of the shaders they have presented aren't perfect just yet.

3. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

Thanx for the reply. But the shaders ins the list did not help that much...ok, i coul dtest eac of them but this would be very much work.

A suggestion for the most important materials like WCCARBODY and Windows would be very helpful i think...

4. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Well the material for car body is gone over in the tutorial, and the material for windows has been discussed in this forum.

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

why are people so averse to just answering a question... it doesn't hurt anything to have multiple answers to the same question. many people see problems from different angles and will use different terms to describe it. by answering questions multiple ways then you give more people the chance on finding their answer... if you don't want to answer then don't. I'm sorry I just hate forum nazis who always tell people to search more thoroughly. if we can have 50 "when will it be updated and will it be 512 bit Win 12 ready" threads, then I think real questions can be answered a few different ways.

besides he's asking for opinions...

JorgeAH likes this.
  6. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I wasn't telling him to search more, I was telling him where he could find answers to his question. The tutorial is there for a reason, and has the best clear advice on car body material, much better than I could explain. And this thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3208-Windows-material-in-3DsMax-2010?highlight=window has a few different ways to do window materials. I should have posted the thread link in my previous post, but I was busy at the time.

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

sorry... didn't mean to single you out. just speaking in generalities really. you were helpful.

8. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

In witch tutorial can i see what´s the best setting for the car´s body? I only found the suggested tire settings.

Sorry if i bother you. I am in modding business for over 10 years now, started ISI Modding with SCGT and released some very good mods for RF1 but it never looks that difficult to mod a ISI game. It´s nice to have great tutorials how to create a working mod structure and packaging files, but the most important part, how to create perfect material settings is complete left out.

9. erale

erale Registered

Hey Fonsi :)

The best shader for the car body material would be "Bump Cube Specular Map Add Alpha Reflect T1 Lerp T2 Vertex Alpha". It is also mentioned in the rF2_car_modding_complete.pdf tutorial over here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1573-Tutorials-Modding-Downloads

It's not that hard to get into modding with rF2. There is some new stuff but in the end many things are the same.

10. mianiak

mianiak Registered

11. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

Thanx, looks like i was a bit blind on that thing.