6 months wait for update - refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Hmm, funny. I'm one of the few people I know that actually just sets the wheel at 900 degrees and uses that for every car, if the car feels sluggish when turning I just play with the steering ratio. Never had a problem yet.

Setting up your wheel's FFB settings outside the game is also pretty important (FWIW I'm on a G25 with 107% on overall force, 10% both on spring and damper, 0% on centering spring but I still leave it ticked and I also allow the game to adjust settings. This works equally well for rF1, rF2, nKP, LFS, pCARS and GTR Evolution), as well as using the in-game calibration function.

2. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

isi promised first update after one month.. So one month came to its end but we have no still any updates.. I think it's strange. It's beta and has ton of bugs. Thus I suppose rf2 need to impove oneself every month or even every week

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No, they didn't. They said they were aiming for roughly monthly updates, but at no point did they claim a strict schedule or anything of the sorts.

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Complain when we get to two months, then you'll have a case. There has been no strict schedule and ISI've even gone to pains to mention that this process might be longer or shorter than they thought.

Protip: Gratuitously misusing 'oneself' does not making one's argument more valid.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

show me where they said "Promise" please, not disbelieving you I'd just like to see it :)

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

There was no promise. lol. They were "shooting" for monthly updates. No promises were made.

rF2 beta is cleaning up my hard drive. Gtr2, GTL and rF1 have now disappeared. :D

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

No sir, they never promised.

8. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I know hey...it is sooooo hard to go back.....I even went and signed up to iRacing for a quick look....spent the first month doing what was needed...learning the system, to to convince myself to like it.

Than I fired up rF2 again.....yep...removed iRacing as well :)

rF1 and rF2 are now on there....HOWEVER...trick the newcomers...play rf1 FIRST in your gaming session...otherwise when you go back from rF2 .....you kind of regret it :)

9. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Oh and yes....

NO PROMISE WAS MADE...exactly as mentioned...AIMING for monthly updates....

10. Domi

Domi Registered

If it's one month or 2 or 3, it's not a problem, I think what people wants is a bit more of communication from ISI, about what are they working on, what is already fixed for the next update, what won't be finished....

11. yifter

yifter Registered

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Yeh thats fine, but they have already stated they wont be providing that. Which is totally up to them. I for one would love some on areas that concern me, BUT once they posted that, well there is no point in bringing up another 10 threads on the same subject.

I think that is the annoying part. Its been stated what is happening, you can either agree or disagree with the stance taken, but accept that as how it is happening and stop creating thread after thread regarding it.

I reckon that should be pretty simple for people to grasp.

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I can see how the OP has posted a controversial post.

Having said that, I think all the aggressive responses are far more over-the-top than the OP. It is amusing to spend most of my time lurking here, and reading the responses of the resident "aggros" - (the i-know-better-so-why-dont-you-f$%#-off-MY-forum crowd). You know who you are (or you dont - whatever).

Anyhow - I do feel a certain sympathy for what the OP said - anyone would think that ISI would have had the foresight to have an update planned for after when the open-beta(alpha) was released. Clearly, they didn't.

As it stands now, it has been almost 6 weeks since the release - and all ISI related content is still identical to that day. This is where I can sympathise - somewhat - with the OP.

Personally, I can deal with that - but not having even any news on potential future updates, is the bit where I feel myself slightly annoyed - and where the OP is excused for his 6 month reference. I note ISI members have responded - even in this thread - and only asked "why the 6 month reference?". Because you haven't told us anything - that's why. Even after giving you a substantial boost in funding. Some news (read: hope) would be nice - and frankly - is just plain good manners.

EDIT: I have said it before on Rfactor2 threads, and I will say it again: usually, everything is forgotten after the make-up sex (i.e. getting out on track in an improved rfactor 2 environ).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  14. ROON

ROON Registered

Nand Gate - The problem is not users asking when updates will come: it's when certain users repeatedly have a moan about rF2's lack of updates thus far. It's compounded when they spread fairy-tale misconceptions as fact. Six month wait for an update... where'd he get that idea?

Seek and you will find.

15. Domi

Domi Registered

Same here. After already paying the game with much anticipation before the final release, the minimum thing you can expect from the developers is a bit more of attention (obviously not to the trolls), and since people is here trying to help, finding bugs, giving ideas, opinons, how to improve, etc, it's annoying to don't even know what are they really doing, or what it's already fixed, and such things.

16. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Tim should be here in a minute...let´s just wait for his answers

17. fideco

fideco Registered

First of all, sorry for my English, but it's not my native language.
    I totally agree with Domi.

I'm a devoted customer since 22/08/2005 when I bought Rfactor.
    I still have the e-mail of thanks received by Gjon ..

I think an open policy of constant communication about the "road map" timing would be welcomed and would be a sign of attention to customers who bought the beta.

Too many times by reading the Tim's statements (that are often very general, and also sometimes too harsh in tone used) i'have the uncomfortable feeling of being little considered as customer
    and as forum beta user..

A little more attention and care in explaining the things they are doing (priority, even gross estimates about the release of new releases, etc.) would be really appreciated, imho.
    Cheers
    Giorgio

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Let's make it clear. Does it mean that timespan will be shorter than 6 months, or may be even longer?

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You've been around long enough to know the answer. BOTH!! lol. You've been around long enough to know that ISI has a small dev team. If you want big teams go to iracing or EA.

20. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Same here he should of waited for the real release I am sure they are working on it and not sat on a beach with your money