watkins glen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Feb 11, 2012.

1. glenner

glenner Registered

ive found a new track mod of watkins glen..just dowloading it now so not sure if its any good...
    the website is drivingitalia.net....dont know how to leave a link..

2. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

3. lighty

lighty Registered

ooooh a new track, cheers been waiting for something new.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Tips for the new guys, wait until after gold has been released to download any content.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

CdnRacer; ehm, gold? What is that, the final version? And if so; why is that?

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Old files can always be deleted dude, it's fun to get new tracks a.s.a.p as long as the're driveable of course ;)

7. les

les Registered

well this track is

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

This track is, Les?

Well, here it is not sadly. I can live with the tarmac looking funny and some trees looking weird, but the ffb rips the wheel out of my hands almost. Braking and accelerating are the worst but even on some straights it is very wrong.

A shame; I can't drive it this way and I really would if I had just a bit of rumble.

9. les

les Registered

well this track is just what it is its a rf1 conversion, i have a g25 wheel and the force feedback feels like joesville they both feel the same i like the track yes the eye candy is not up too date but that is what updates are for. i for one can convert a track but building new tso's is something i have not learned how to do well yet. for me building a track from scratch is impossible. i am thankful for the new tracks. i dont care if there conversions or not. right now it just gives more options to play around with. so in my opinion bring out more tracks ill have fun

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thats true; bring more track, please!

But I think you understood me wrong; I don't care how it looks I said and I am sure thats going to be fixed (or not, don't care) but when I can not drive it, it's useless for me right?
    That's what I meant; can't drive with paintings falling to the ground because of the ffb flipping.

You can say; its just a conversion and the eye candy gets updated, but that is not the issue as I wrote ;)

11. les

les Registered

what kind of wheel do you have my g25 it works good i can drive the track. if you can ill make a suggestion turn your ffb down the strength settings that will make it less violent wont jerk out of your hands that way

12. lighty

lighty Registered

I have g27 and the ffb is messed up, every other track I have on rfactor 2 and rfactor1 works like a dream, but this track is violent it gives me the feeling that im literally tearing up the tarmac with triangular wheels or something! Also the cars seem to skate across the surface rather than be in any sort of contact with the road? Other than that great haha

13. les

les Registered

one thing that could help is the profiler software is that up to date when i got rf2 i didnt even have my wheel connected i had to get the profiler myself, there was a post i read about having the latest drivers (profiler) for the g25 and g27 with the latest drivers for the wheel it allows better response and wont have the violent movement like you were talking about. i dont have this problem on this track

how about others do you have the same problem ??

14. lighty

lighty Registered

I will check that les, thanks. Like I said other than that I think its great the track but there are definately some issues with an ice like feeling on some corners as if theres a weird roadsurface been used instead of tarmac?? I dont really know what im talking about so im just guessing really here. I would love to learn how to mod as I have 2 tracks that I have raced on myseld that I would love to do but dont know where to start even!!!

15. lighty

lighty Registered

yep drivers are the latest (As late as they can be as the last update was in June 2010!!!)

16. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

don't bother, its not that good

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Right , don't bother, it would only give you another track to try out. Besides that, it only gave another person a reason to try converting a track. It doesn't give any options to anybody, absolutely worthless ---> not! (I just love pessimism)

I rather enjoyed driving on Watkins Glen in rFactor 2 Beta.