Watkins Glen 0.2

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SLuisHamilton, Feb 11, 2012.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

:D your comment is so wrong :D first thing: NO mod will be finished before the beta phase of RF2 is over...so you don't want anything in the next ~6 months?
    second thing: tracks and cars can be compliacated...since many people have very different controller.ini setups and different wheels it's important to get feedback from different people about how the trackk feels.
    learn some respect for other peoples work!
    To both of you:
    if you don't want to try it, than don't do it...
    by the way: the ISI tracks and cars are in beta stage to...so please uninstall them, since you don't like unfinished work

2. slawek

slawek Registered

I have respect to all work but what is the point to convert the track which used to be in a game 10 years ago and it looks still the same or even worst in rf2. It is like to convert film form VHS cassette to Blue Ray disc and enjoy it.

3. navorsky

navorsky Registered

I see some sense in that. It´s not that we don´t want beta mods. We do. But i think developers should try harder to implement things that rf2 provides. Plain conversions from previous tracks, without a minimum work ( new graphics, features, etc ) should be avoided. Besides, people have to honor the hard work ISI is having to bring such new features to the game and start putting some more effort into the development of the beta content. At least, this is what i would be aiming for if i were a developer.

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'd like to see some screenshots of this track before I download it.

5. les

les Registered

well as a starting track making member or converter rf1 to rf2, we use the tools we have at the moment, some are better than others at updating tracks. the point about converting tracks is this, in my opinion bringing more tracks that are bad or good just gives us more options to drive different tracks, are you happy with what isi released in the beta, i am yes, but adding more tracks with the tools we have just gives more options, until isi releases all there stuff we as track converters makers do what we can to give more content. good or bad. so should anyone complain about the quality of tracks. in my opinion heck no, why because we are giving our time energy to convert tracks for you too maybe use for your pleasure, i have everything released at the moment that i can get my hands on, why more options. to me people forget(the complainers) that we do this for free. if you dont like what we do dont download it. plain and simple. there are others that will and will be happy with what we are trying to do.

all i hear in this forum mostly is negative comments like (why would you release a track that looks bad) again that is your opinion we all have opinions, they all stink, so instead of negative comments why don't you say he try this

again stop the negative stuff

6. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

There will be negative comments about most everything. Even with decently done scratch-builds there will be some morons saying how it doesnt look like pcars or others saying how it isnt as accurate as iracing. If you are going to release something have a thick skin :)

7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@les

People are complaining new ISI's graphic engine, they are comparing it to CARS. Most of us are not satisfied with rf2's graphics.

Now imagine that ISI will bring a lot of improvements.
    Do you think that these improvements will make our circuits and cars better?
    I don't think so.
    Improvements will not have any sense if modders will be releasing plain conversions.
    If you want to take advantage of rf2's best features you need to do a lot of work.

If someday rf2 will have as good graphic engine as CARS have it will change nothing because our work is still very important and it depends of us how circuits and cars will look like.

It has nothing to do with our complaining and respecting someone else's work.
    The point is that if everyone will admire so poor looking tracks, people will not put any work during the conversion, because they will know that there always will be someone who will like it.

I think all modders should put pressure on themselves to do as best job as possible.
    Otherwise, RF2 will never do a step forward in terms of graphics.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  8. les

les Registered

i understand your point, and as a person who is trying to convert tracks from rf1, i am trying my best to make the tracks look good, i try and use the tools and things i have available right now, when future updates from rf2 come out and i learn how to implement these into my tracks, i will be updating them. but my point is as a person who spends the time on a conversion, i am speaking for myself i do my best, am i good at this yet , nope i admit that, but at least im working on it, the track might not look the best but i for one will not
    comment on someone else s track saying it looks like crap. i will use my words different, i will say hey try this it might make it better. but when you have people that dont build anything and say this is crap i want to tell them hey if you can do better go for it if not shut up we are working hard making tracks look and feel better what have you done (whine) well ill give you some cheese with that wine everyone has there opinion about everything. OK without ISI giving us what they have what would you be doing, i would be doing something else of course, but i find converting tracks for me very relaxing and when i do get something accomplished i feel satisfaction in knowing, that i am helping the community in one way or another giving more options to practice on or race. if you have not built a track or converted one what have you done for the community(whine) alot im sorry but it offends me that people whine about something they have never done,

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

feels3 put it very nicely.

I've been working with a lot of tracks and cars while working on shaders. Poor quality, "lazy design" and principal errors in modelling were very common.
    I even seen a couple of tracks with no normal vectors at all - in other words with no lighting at all (welcome back to VGA era :D ).

But on the other hand, it's Watkins Glen v0.2, so perhaps things will change a lot.

By the way - I didn't got bored of Mills and other tracks, so I can wait for rF2 tracks with proper features, rather than driving on plain conversions.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  10. ethone

ethone Registered

And you guys wonder why there are so few people modding?

11. les

les Registered

ty ethone thats the point there are few that are modding

12. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It's really hard to tell someone that something is wrong with his work ;)

A lot of people are very sensitive to criticism, we often forget that constructive criticism is very helpfull.

13. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Then don't download it.
    Move along son...I think I hear your mom calling you

1 person likes this.
  14. superkolos

superkolos Registered

i have no problem with criticism, it could be very helpfull if its constructive.
    people should say their meenings about something. so respect all other please

greets

15. slawek

slawek Registered

How can I try if you telling me to don't download it, think before you write something dude and stop abusing because it is very childish...

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I like the track.
    Those that are converting tracks are learning for future reference.
    Those that are putting out car mods are learning for future reference.

So much useful knowledge when rFactor2 is out of beta stage.
    I say thank you for people investing time in beta mods and tracks,,,, continue on please!

1 person likes this.
  17. CraigT

CraigT Registered

I am abusing? That is nice criticism...
    I am sorry if I hurt your feelings Richard

18. navorsky

navorsky Registered

So, screenshots and a video from the track would be great.

19. Derohk

Derohk Registered

why do the cement patches have like a 6 inch bump ????? those things are actually down in the track not on top of it lol please fix? :D

20. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

Because, it's very poorly done, and released to soon :) I don't think stuff like this should be released so soon, if at all. Why not just do the updates, make the track at least on par with rf2 beta, (others have done that, why not this one?) then release it, like that we could then Beta test the track for improvements. As it stands there is SO much that needs doing it's a joke :)
    It just seems we take what we're given, no matter how bad it is, but we are afraid to speak the truth:eek: Sorry if the truth offends :rolleyes:

Swifty