Any news for the future update coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baboulinet, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Novis

Novis Registered

No, problem. I have to agree with you for the first time then. :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

From the main page of the forum, in a heading right above this forum:
    "Discussion and technical support on ISI software from other users and occasionally ISI staff."

We've never said we'll be here all the time. A lot of the time we're too busy working to fix the issues we've read about here. Often questions get answered for us (by other members) or could have been answered effectively by using the advanced search function. I personally don't want the devs wasting their time repeating themselves, I'd rather they work on the software and just come here to read.

You will see another flurry of activity after each update, but it WILL tail off once they establish what needs fixing. That's how it's going to work. You honestly think they took your money and ran? They ran to their desks to start working on the update, actually. Sheesh.

3. les

les Registered

tim you guys at ISI are doing a great job dont worry were behind you guys

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So Tim, it is NOT so that when people bought the beta, they bought a full-time ISI worker with it, sitting behind his or her desk, waiting solely for that buyer to contact them if they have had any problems?

Well, that's a bummer ;)

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That is just not true. All they ask is for any criticism to be shown in a constuctive manner.

6. 88mphTim

I also hate to break it to people, but this is a different product and development team to that one.

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Understood and sorry

8. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Tim, I would feel more comfortable knowing that ISI is currently working at 100% in rfactor 2. Is that the reality at the moment or are there other side projects?

9. 88mphTim

rF2 is the priority, yeah. People who are not devs (like me) have other projects in the mix, but they don't.

10. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

thanks tim. This is good news

11. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

As i told, you bought yourself a week of peace when answered this topic :D

12. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I see your point.

My view is that there is no harm in knowing everything including all the little nuisances even if they are place-holders or parts of the software that will change. Obviously the development team know the state of most if not everything so will pick and choose what they focus on. I'm sure they already had a good understanding of the shortfalls prior to beta release so this beta feedback just either confirms what they already knew or simply re-prioritises what needs fixing.

Too much information only becomes a problem when the information is not understood.
    Feedback is only bad when it is described incorrectly.

It simply comes down to ISI filtering and prioritising. And I think they are a smart enough bunch to be able to do that very well!

13. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Like Tim said it's a completely different product. The people here have bought the game and while waiting for it to be released are enjoying the beta testing (I know I am enjoying it =), whereas the pCARS situation is much different.

Basically there you buy the development tools and become part of the team. You are much less of a customer and more a team member working on building the game. Put yourself into the position of a manager at work. You subordinates/team members start spouting sh*t at you about the product you all are working on (and I don't mean constructive criticism), would you stand around listening to that?

With rF2 you buy the game and are a customer, with pCARS you don't. There's a very distinct difference there when it comes to how much courtesy you can expect.

14. Novis

Novis Registered

The problem is that it takes a lot of time to filter, categorize, and follow up all reports for them to be useful. Not to mention that all people writing reports tend to like an confirmation back after writing a report. Feedback is a good thing as long as you have the time to process it correctly. If not it kind of hits back at you.

15. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Yep fair point. I think a quick glance in the appropriate forum and the latest topics you can get a very good feel of the problemsof main concern.

I do it myself here, I only bother reading the sub-forums that I'm interested in improving on my own machine and then only bother flicking through a few topics that seem interesting. Doesn't take too much effort, especially if you know what you are looking for.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Personally, I usually get more irritated by “unofficial ISI’ Spokesmen Squad” (actually, the fan boys army) than by the profissional complainers. That unauthorized group usurps the prerogatives of the actual group of software creators and simply are answering on behalf of the developers… lol

They always know exactly what the ISI staff is doing at that right moment, why they don’t answer threads and so on… How I wish to know how they can do that...

There was a discussion about DX version in the beginning… about that, I would say to adopt DX11 will solve a very important issue: the damn Z-buffer error on transparencies. It would be worth only for this aspect.

17. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Is it impossible to fix it using DX9?

18. Novis

Novis Registered

I one group hadn't existed the other wouldn't either. It's the law of nature.

If you're invovled in the business you probably know about how a company is working in general terms and it not so hard to guess what they are up to or work to handle task.

I think I will never be accepted as a member of the fan boys army, and I probably need confirmation before I can entitle myself as part of the "unofficial ISI’ Spokesmen Squad". In the mean time I'm happy everytime I can add another post to my portfolio.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
  19. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Hi, I bought the game but I´m not happy with it. Before I ask for my refund, may I ask what could I expect for the full version? How close is this beta version to the final product?

Thanks.

20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

^ The search feature provides all these answers and more.