tension is rising

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Are all people in this forum directly related to the ISI Staff? Reading some posts if sounds like you're all having breakfast with them everyday. I hope that this tight family links will not interfere with the usual "customer <> company" relationship that you normally have when buying a product from a company.
    Now the family members will come up again with "it's beta" and "you have pre-purchased Rf2 final with the right to play beta. You have not paid for the beta, so you have no right at all to complain in any way" wtf???

The communication/information around this beta is horrible, that's simply a fact.
    I would have a t least expected to see a "identified issues" thread.
    Again, I don't mind having paid already, I would only expect a minimum of coordinated communication from ISI. What about the AA issues ? There are hundreds of threads about it.
    If ISI doesn't even communicate on identified problems, what's the use of this beta? Getting money early in? Getting modders to offer free content when ISI releases the final product? A reasonable communication is the least thing you could expect if you're pre-financing the developement of a game. Yes we are! If not, why not giving out the beta out for free?

@ the Family members: with this post you've got again an evil "pre-customer" that is not satisfied with the way ISI runs this beta, so start the "ISI-protection-mode" on your keyboards and kill me.
    However always remember "It's beta and you have not paid for it".

2. freew67

freew67 Registered

3. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Hit it again!!

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Each time a public build is released it takes time away from development , you have to package it make sure its ok , then fix problems that might happen from the new build.

I definitely think If its possible and a company can stick to a tight release schedule and keep the community informed that can have possative effects ( just look at the free publicity project C.a.r.s is getting) .

Anyway every company is different as a consumer there is not much you can do but just sit back and wait.

I do Think as a basic thing ISI could do a Bi weekly progress report and put it on the forum to make people feel more involved and in touch with what's going on.

For the most part ISI are really active on the forum especially with people working on mods but its decentralized information and I think a centralized official post / blog would definitely help.

I mean ISI are really lucky to have such a fan base that are dying to know what's going on also by telling people what you have done they can really appreciate how much work goes into games and it makes them respect and value the product more.

5. shum94

shum94 Registered

What i don't understand is we got the software for easy updates. What's the hold up for updates.

6. freew67

freew67 Registered

Were not dealing with a company the size of EA. We are talking 4-5 folks who work on the main part of the game. Then 4-5 who work on content. If it was easy, everyone would have a game out. Im sure builds have to be tested inside the batcave, plus bugs can pop up from those builds. They could release that build and then have 200 more post like these saying OMG this is crap how could they release a beta with bugs!!! OR they could take their time and give us solid fixes. Why do we need a post on whats going on? We will find out with a change log when they do get around to releasing a patch. How many other games do the devs actually answer questions from the public? Not many... Gjon post all the time and according to http://imagespaceinc.com/ he is:

Gjon P. Camaj – Vice President, Image Space Incorporated

Yeah, we always get to talk to VP's, especially ones who think they are funny. ;)

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Most people don't understand or don't want to understand this stuff. I'm pretty sure ISI does not listen to these sort of threads anyways, which is a good thing!!

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Personally speaking (as ever!) I think ISI have been taken aback slightly by the troubles of some aspects of the Beta, sure they knew about some issues but you never really know until you get a wider audience to participate with. Therefore maybe...just maybe they are taking their time with this first update to get as much done as possible instead of little bitty updates that fix 2 bugs every other day...which to me are pointless!

9. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Two threads on the same thing in the same day is what I'd consider SPAM, please don't SPAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.