help with better FPS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badbob137, Feb 5, 2012.

1. badbob137

badbob137 Registered

i have a labtop and a bad graphics card(below the Minimum requirements) but i have heard that the car exhaust gas visual is fake looking and i dont care about how sick the graphics are all i care about is the performance. is there is some way to remove the exhaust visual form the game. because i hope that can increase the fps. i have tried everything i have seen on some forms like changing the .Plr and it doesn't do crap.

2. DRat

DRat Registered

The exhaust visual is not going to make a whit of difference in your fps except for the half second or so it shows. If you drive past a tree or something it will have pretty much the same effect.

Just "dumb down" every graphics setting in game and do not use anti-aliasing, then try it. If the fps is then ok, try increasing setting(s) until it's unacceptable. Otherwise, try it at a lower resolution. Turn off your mirrors and your HUD, too, if need be.

Also, since you're using a laptop it will likely have an audio section that uses a lot of CPU time. Cut down the number of sounds to 8 (the minimum). Turn off the spotter, though I don't think it's activated in this beta version.

If all that does not work, you need to find a better gaming rig. Pretty often you can find last-generation brand-name gaming rigs for sale, where the owner has bought a new one. If he builds his own, he probably will cannibalize the old one himself (HDD, audio, etc.). These last-generation rigs won't let you max out settings without killing fps when racing with AI or online, but will do a decent job with some settings throttled back a bit.

Good luck!

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Good luck indeed!

4. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Also, on the non-rFactor side of things, you want to make sure your operating system and all the software running behind the game is running smoothly and your drivers are up to date. And you should be running the absolute minimum needed to keep the OS alive, and not your brower, instant messenger, etc. Just wanted to make sure you've taken care of the basics :)