Seat settings and individual fov

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by tom baumgartner, Feb 4, 2012.

1. tom baumgartner

tom baumgartner Registered

hi,

it would be really great to change the values of the seat settings.
    80 ponits are not enough and more than 100 points to adjust the seat would be great.
    the reason:
    for a better drive expirience i set the fov between 30-40.
    that makes the street bigger and more realistic.
    the result is on the one hand a more realistic view and on the other hand a view much to close in to the cockpit.
    would it be possible to change the seat much more backwards i could use the car mirrors and see the tyres.
    imagine this on a 29" monitor. its really great.

this problem exist sind rf1 but
    there is a way in rf1 to change the seat distance in the vehicle files.
    sadly many servers dont accept modifications in the vehicles files what results in broken and useless fov after joining a server.

i spoke with many driver who have the same issue about the fov.
    to make the seat and fov settings so flexible as possible is needfull for the different monitor sizes and the individual drive feeling for the driver.

cheers

1 person likes this.
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I agree. More seat movement to the rear.

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Using FOV of 25-30 on my 46 TV and driving in my DIY cockpit I want the TV to be my "windshield" (cars and track look as big as if I look out of my real car) - so I agree to above posts to make the view as flexible as possible. So please more space for seat movement (or view-movement) and also for pitch up and down. I know I could do this by hitting "U" and its like a freeview - but it will not last. So maybe kind of "save feature" for the freeview. Maybe hitting U once - enable freeview - hitting U again - freeview stays how you set it up. Hope it`s understandable cause English is not my mothertounge.

4. evphelps

evphelps Registered

rF2 suffers,as do all sims,insofar as cockpit/driving is not scalable to monitor size at all.
    It pains me to say this,but I have never understood the fake cockpit view philosophy.
    Sure,if I were using a k/b or gamepad, I would appreciate the facsimile 3rd person 100fov advantage of flattening every elevation and straightening every corner (and for the same reason if I were a lazy cheating wheel user),but I am neither.I really don't care if I never manage to be 10 secs faster than a J.Clark esq (dec'd),but I would like to feel a sense of real participation in this beta.
    Clearly enabling fov below 35 is just a sop and no real solution to the issue illustrated by mr pantera,hazi, et al.
    ie:
    why is the horizon in the middle of the screen?
    why is my cockpit as wide as my screen regardless?
    why is the fov/seat control a zoom function and not a dolly?
    why am I always looking at my feet?
    blahblahblah ad infinitum

5. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

As on the other thread Pantera's post about changing the horizon angle is a really valid idea. I really hope that ISI are not too late in the coding stage to implement this. If not it would be really good to be able to implement more flexible FOVs, making each drivers experience the way they want it. How about being able to adjust 'TV Cockpit' and 'Nose' view in car, using the same buttons as seat in Cockpit view? If I could drop the view height in 'TV Cockpit' slightly running a FOV around 32-38 it would suit me perfectly. I think being able to raise 'Nose' view higher and rearward a little could be what many people who are looking for a 'rfactor pro' style view are looking for. Being able to change the horizon height too would be the icing on the cake.

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd like to have the FOV be car specific just like the FFB is car specific.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1 to allabove

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

One more that agrees

10. coops

coops Banned

get rid of all views bar the cockpit view......... u dont drive sitting on bonnet or bumper.............

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Well if you can give me a cockpit view that lets me feel like I'm driving a car that would be fine. But the the only ones in rFactor 2 that do that for me are vintage open wheelers and the rTrainer.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

When im sitting at the wheel of my real car, i am looking out the windshield, over the bonnet of my car. Most of the cockpit settings make it look like you're sitting in the back seat.

13. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

I would really love the possibility of adjusting "camera pitch" without the need of freelook or RealHeadMotion plugin. It's a very often overlooked setting (not only in rFactor), but really important for a correct view configuration.

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Here, this..

[​IMG]

The Eye level slider is what would control the default head tilt and the monitor angle and correct FOV could be determined by the other measurements.

15. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

+1 For :

- More seat adjustement
    - Cars specific FOV
    - And eye level slider

Since the cam files are locked, we need another possibility for adjusting the cockpit view to our taste/needs.

Alex Schouba likes this.
  16. sg333

sg333 Registered

On this subject, ive been trying the latest build of pCARS and there are two setting options, for both moving seat position, and changing FOV

W, A, S & D move your seat position, while [ and ] change the FOV. This allows you to really customise your ideal driving position to exactly the way you want it. I think its something RF2 could really benefit from because right now, if a car is released with a bad driving position you're pretty much stuck with it.

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd like to see ISI steal netkars way of doing it. You can sit in your car and adjust pov and seat position and of course for each different car.

18. DavidG

DavidG Registered

Agree, much more seat movement needed in game. Otherwise I'll need to edit the head position in the vehicle inis and we all know what that will lead to!

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I can agree with changeable seat position and view direction. but why do you want to set FOV for each car separately?
    IRL you doesn't change FOV for different cars. Any time, any place, your FOV is the same (with exceptions you are on high or dunk). In Sim there is also no reason other than making views more comfy... but it breaks rule of simulation.

20. Alex Schouba

Alex Schouba Registered

hello ! please allow more amplitude in the seat adjustment, especially in height because of - 42 to + 42 is not enough thank you