Street Car Mod WIP

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by D1Racer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Looking excellent, really like the numerous upgrade options, especially if they'll affect physics. =)

Are you using stock head movement or a plugin by the way?

2. Mugen

Mugen Registered

Thanks! :)

The upgrades don't affect the physics if you change rims or any other body parts. :)

The head movement is full stock.
    :p

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Not really talking about the wheels (though they could affect mass/unsprung mass), but stuff like the lips, spoilers etc., which can have quite a big effect to aerodynamics. But I'm not in anyway against having them be cosmetic either, since I mostly like my street cars in stock condition anyway. =)

4. mrp510

mrp510 Registered

Looks fantastic.
    You know,it constantly amazes me how clever all you guys are that make these wonderful mods.
    Keep up the great work,you should be proud.

5. JustDrinker

JustDrinker Registered

Good news!!

I am very glad that you are street cars. All simulators are filled with the content of cars that can be called - a rocket on wheels))))). For this reason, it is difficult to assess the physics, since I never rode a rocket to the wheels)))) I love to drift, and I will be very happy if there will be rear-wheel drive mods, where you can slide and they will similar the behavior of real counterparts.

Sry for bad English)

6. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

7. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

I was just about to think that the Golf ain't enough as it would be the only FWD car on the D1Racer's list.

Any possibility you(Mugen) and D1Racer could merge a part of this to have 1 mod?

D1Racer:
    I'd also like to see John Cooper Works Mini and Fiat 500 Abarth Competitzione too as FWD cars. Even though your list is more than nice, it has a lack for FWD cars to compete with the Golf.

Also some tuning options like 4wd to RWD conversion would be great, and at the same time you could add some steerning angle for drifting. I've seen Subarus, Evos and Audis as RWD converted drifters.

And congratulations for starting such a great mod, it's looking great! Even though track cars are great, this is where my mind fits the best. Street cars and racing them, on and off the track(virtually off the track). And oh if someone would just convert the Johnston county from rF1...

8. Nestor A Bogo

Nestor A Bogo Registered

Fantastic job.... and the screen is magnific.
    Thanks.

9. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Looking good already, if you need any help on the textures... please let me know.

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Been a while since we've heard from you, still working? =)

11. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

If i ever get my GT86 Done...do you wanna chuck it in the pack if its any good?, would fit in quite nicely with that set of cars...

12. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

@jubuttib, Yes still working. I have decided to do this project in stages since there is quite alot I want to do. 1st up will be the 90's car selections, followed by other decades worth of vehicles.

@Mr.Ferret, Would love to, you are right it would fit right in with the 2010+ pack :)

13. bison160

bison160 Registered

Any Camaro's going to make this mod?

14. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Yes there will be Camaro's.

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Great to hear, looking forward to your progress. Yours is the only rFactor 2 mod I'm currently looking forward to. =)

And if you ever need a beta tester, just throw me a note, I'd be happy to help. =)

16. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

At the moment, due to being extremely busy at work and doing huge amounts of overtime, plus waiting on more documentation from ISI and things changing every update, progress is more in the 3ds max side of things and research. I seriously doubt there will be much to test until after gold is released and graphics/physics are pretty much finalised on ISI's part.

But when it I have something ready to test I'll let you know.

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Slightly related: I gave the rFTrainers a proper run for the first time in rF2. Rationale being that they have street tyres on them, so might be worth checking out how they're working.

In short: Greatest fun I've ever had in rF2. The loss of grip felt progressive in a way I've not really felt in rF1, maybe in a couple of the best mods, and they were so natural to control when sliding. Gives me even higher hopes that the street cars that are going to hit rF2 are going to be fantastic. =)

18. bison160

bison160 Registered

little sneak peek?;)

19. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Maybe this weekend :)

20. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

This mod looks great. Keep up the good work !