Post Your MOD Wish List Here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

I'm an offline player aswell, so getting AI to drive around a city would be great, although seemingly impossible to achieve.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

City setting sure is almost impossible, but how about combined small town / country side / highways?

3. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

Creating the city itself isn't much of a problem, but the AI would be impossible. Even for small towns and country sides, unless there is a way to either make them take different routes around the area or make them keep a certain distance from one another. After all they are Racing AI to begin with :p

4. arcovk

arcovk Registered

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

The Cup car will be for sure (MY2009 and probably also 2011). Actually, there will be the whole 997 Porsche family, road and racing, from standard Carrera up to GT2 plus maybe Carrera GT and from Cup up to GT3 RSR. But can't give you any date. It's way too early for that.
    Side note - I'll be looking for help for sounds and 3d models.

6. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Bugatti Veyron Race cars like out of NFS Shift2 Unleashed

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Some of my interest also.

My current idea is to have special AI cars, which would have different engines as player car, making them to go 30, 40, 55 and so on, it requires of course own .veh file for each, but this way you can get them not to race so much, You can then have race AI cars and player cars, but I haven't got around playing with that.

Then it comes to path AI follows, of course we can't really make AI to choose different paths, but what we can make is illusion of traffic, there can't be traffic on all the streets, but just on some, which should be chose so that it creates illusion, some cleverly parked cars, full detail models, and it should give some impression of alive city, I believe that with anims we could create pedestrians and maybe some moving low detail cars to some distance where one is not supposed to drive, not sure really what kind of paths is possible with animation system, but as it is not possible to recreate actual behavior it is needed to make a stage, set up thing like movie.

It iwill have limits and it will be not perfect, but I think it is possible to achieve much more than static ghost town.

Maybe anims can be triggered? Maybe it would be possible to create visible camera that tracks car, pedestrian that turns head, maybe some sort of plugin would be required, I don't really know, I'm not graphics expert, but just ideas how to think bit out of the box to make illusion/impression, instead of actual thing.

With any track you should be really able to improve feeling of being there when utilizing such tricks, mostly it is used to reduce polycount, for example horizon is 2d image, treelines instead of forests, but you can do so much more, for city animated open light sign, neon signs, 1st floor cloth shop some very simple 3d model inside the window that has simple clothing, dog/cat into bush, it is really small details that actually make scene live, oh an most of all, variance, lamp posts are always bit different, bit different angle, hardly noticeable but when there is a row perfectly aligned and spaced it looks artificial.

It is hard to make imperfect, so often things are made too perfect which is a immersion killer.

Here is example of location that might be in sensible limits, small town in USA, try to find anything that is perfectly straight or in line, there is constant variance and that is what is my mod wish what comes to rF2 tracks, my GFX card is not very top of the line, but it crunches those polygons just fine for breakfast, small amount of memory is limiting bit on textures though, so what I would like to see is to put more polygons to create uneveness, look at roads, how they have twist, angles, dips etc, put polygons on that, instead texture of twitchy edge of road, make that real with polygons/vertexes or whatever you trackmakers use for rF2, BTB used nodes and track width that is all I know of.
    http://g.co/maps/k4772

Few such small towns and highway between them as well as flood channel is something I look forward to, games like street rod and street legal redline racing are such that had lot of nice stuff that of course have had bit of influence, what I wan't from rFactor is perhaps not what most want as for me it is modern replacement of such or that is what I want from it, among many other things, but we'll see where limits will set our journey :p

With clever placing of details SLRR managed to have some life in it's low poly city, where one can get bit of ideas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcaoL4cuV-4

Also utilizing a detail levels more might be nice thing too, it surely adds up amount of work for some objects, but I imagine that creating MAX such way that one really would need computer of tomorrow or top of the line would be nice, med level so that average today's machine handles it and low so that even my poor rig could run it, often I see tracks made so that I can run them perfectly with max setting, which of course limits amount of details that can be put to track, but detail level adjustments are there for reason. Of course time constraints are often such that it does not allow to make two-three times of work than single fits for all track detail level, but it is part of my mod wish.

Anyway there are some ideas of what I wish, nothing really exact mod, but more of what I would like to see from mods and especially tracks.

About performance, I have over 100km long track, that has over 300 000 trees in rF1, it runs over 200fps with my not so fast rig, LOD and low amount of textures are perhaps main things that make that possible, rF2 is of course more taxing to system because of its new tire physics, but it is for CPU, I believe GFX part can put trough quite impressive amount of polygons still.

8. Neuro

Neuro Registered

- DRM
    - BMW M1 Procar
    - Superstars V8
    - any track

:)

9. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

the problem with your "city" is the AIW has a direction so you would have to make a city with one way streets only.

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Nyrburg Village in rF1 is example of another opinion, it has two lane road with AI cars coming and going both ways of that road. It has limitations of course, but with creative thinking quite possible to go around some of limitations, sometimes it takes quite bit of creative thinking though :p

11. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Porsche Carrera Cup 20xx
    WTCC 20xx
    some other touring Cars
    Nuerburgring 6 Layout
    Nordschleife
    Norisring
    Brianza 6 Layout
    Hockenheim 3 Layout
    Lienz

12. Burnout

Burnout Registered

I just want some drift vehicles for a course I'm trying to work on and of course the NAGT and TPSCC mod.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I just saw the movie LeMans. So yeah now I'm hoping for a 1970 LeMans mod to come out!

Also, I'd love to see a mod come out with Cross Racing Championship 2005 all converted to rF2- cars tracks and all. That game was serious fun and with the improved dirt physics we've been promised it'd be awesome.

14. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Of coarse

Porsche Carrera Cup new 911 (991) Carrera Model :rolleyes:

would be great

Leonardo

15. John DiFool

John DiFool Registered

16. relentless

relentless Registered

Although it'll never happen I'd love to see the oversteer mod be properly converted.

*insert anti drift flame here*

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We will have a suitable car for a mid-50's TF.

18. 88mphTim

From a licensing standpoint, Porsche can't happen.

19. 88mphTim

Main issue with anything like that is that it has to work with every type of car. Same issue with pit crews we'll face.

20. 88mphTim

Working on 1937, and I have a 1976 car. We are unlikely to do full grids from those eras though unfortunately.