At spa last turn slow downs coming out of turn wide?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ozleem, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ozleem

ozleem Registered

I notice if i come out of the turn wide in the last U bend at spa with any car my sim will slow down like low fps or lag but it's not
    my fps stay the same?

The closer i get to the outer wall/billboards the slower it gets,once i get past the billboards and the start of pit lane it's norm again? bug? or optimization?

I notice the ai jitter back and forth as they come out wide in the same spot but again are smooth when they come to pit entrance/past the outer wall or move away from wall. again no fps lose.

Will not happen if i'm in the middle or right side of track only and just when you go close to that outer wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  2. JonathanBenn

JonathanBenn Registered

I've often got the impression that time is slowing down coming out of the previous bend - the fast left-hander before La Source.

It seems like a time warp. But perhaps it's in my mind...

3. ozleem

ozleem Registered

Well said it feels just like that, Time slowing with no fps hit.

You can rest easy tonight knowing it's not just in your head lol :p

4. ozleem

ozleem Registered

When I lose a tire from contact and make it back to the pits, my car will jump into the air when my pit crew puts my tire back on.

Most of the time landing me in the middle of the track to get hit by the AI or other player as the game still thinks i'm pitting, (can not move until my virtual pit crew is done).

My car will be fixed thou.

This will happen with the 60's open wheel cars f2 and f3 at spa and Monaco not sure if the f1's do this or any other car does this,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  5. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Try lowering this value in your plyr file.
    Garage Detail="0.60000" // LOD multiplier when vehicle is in garage (0.01-1.00)
    Every time you go by the garages, the game has to display all that, which is not like trees and flat buildings.