Stuttering graphics

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GUBBA, Jan 31, 2012.

1. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Hello Chaps
    I seem to have got rid of my stuttering by editing the player file
    Go right down to game settings and look for replay file settings , i have set mine to "1" so it saves replay to memory
    and there are two other replay settings you may wish to alter as well
    Best of luck,
    Gubba

2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I also found another way to reduce stuttering.

I set the Replay Fidelity to Minimum, and didn't touch other Replay settings in that Replay page or in PLR file. Works well in my system.

I'm using Sepang track as my test bed, and usually I got stutter when approaching T1 and exiting T2, in the first lap only.

After setting Replay Fidelity to Minimum, the stutters are now happening only once, when approaching T1, and also for a very much shorter period of time, not as long as 'the usual stutter'.

3. dice65

dice65 Registered

i get the same thing also. studdering on the 1st lap then it seems ok ,dont matter what track i use , i
    think rf1 had the same thing when it came out

4. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Not only did rf1 have it when it first came out it still has it, that's the worry. There was a partial fix that improved it to a playable level but I think that was a third party fix using a replacement .dll

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    System Model: MSI KA2 CF MS-7388
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor Agena 2300MHz(or more)
    Graphics Name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (HD 6870)
    Adapter RAM: 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
    Sound Name: AMD High Definition Audio Device
    Hardrive Model: WDC WD5000AAKS-00YGA0 ATA Device (500 Gig)
    Memory: GSkill DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399MHz) - [DDR2-800] 4 GIGS

Id like to know if anyone could help me figure out why so much FPS loss. I just went from an HD 4860 to a HD 6870 and am still not getting the frames I'd expect. I know a couple things need to be updated but I can run all my other games on max settings but not rF2. Tx for any help.

6. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

@RCracing
    Try overclocking your 6870 especially memry clock. (i've got it on 1200 mhz gpu clock on 950 mhz). Manually turn up the fan speed until you get stable system. I've got the same GPU and it can handle it. I played for hours and kept monitoring temps and that was fine.

I've also OC my cpu (phenom 955 3,2 on 3,7) I don't know if your cpu is fitted for OC never do it with standard cooling though.

Then lock the frames on 60fps and turn off vsync. Then tweak with the settings. Turn off the mirrors FPS killers!!

That all gave me the most a stable and smooth gameplay.

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thank you sir for reply. Not real sure how to OC though. :confused:

8. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

With AMD/Ati it is very simple. Just use the catalyst driver. You can OC both your GPU and CPU by looking for Preformance tab in the control center then choose AMD overdrive. If you want too OC your cpu first research about it before doing. The GPU runs stable on the earlier mentioned clockrates for me. It is a trail and error proces too find a good setup but eventually you will get there. You will have too test long periodes because it isn't fun when your pc shuts down in the middle of a race. Good research will prevent you from wrecking your system although most systems are build too shut down when it thinks some parts of the system are in danger.

9. MJP

MJP Registered

TBH your video card is decent enough, it's your CPU that looks a bit weak.

10. hoover

hoover Registered

just tried some more optimizations suggested here and in other threads (turning off swap completely, checking record replays), all to no avail. 8(

It's just the Meganes and the FR35s for me though, the historics run smooth as silk on any track.

All the best, Uwe

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Yeah all is a couple years old and we know puters change as soon as you build it. lol Tx for input gents :)

12. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thank you sir will do that.

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Hmm checked my windows score and my HD is whats holding me back looks like. Windows score is 5.8 bad :(

14. djt

djt Registered

The Windows score means pretty much absolutely nothing and is well known for being a poor judge of hardware performance.

I’ve had high end configurations that used the latest greatest CPU’s and GPU’s and still have seen sub 6.0-7.0 scores. Even something as simple as unsigned hardware drivers can bring the Windows index scores down.

15. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Ahhh ok. I had to remove and RMA graphics card the HD6870. Windows kept crashing. HD4860 back in now and no crashing. Tx for reply djt