nurburgring/nordschleife

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by TravisRoe666, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 10speed

10speed Registered

This only shows I have a different opinion/taste regarding the racetracks in rf2. No need for you to talk BS about my driving. :mad:

Of course on tracks like Brianza you cannot afford missing a braking point or the apex in any corner as there are only a few. That's a challenge for sure but nontheless this type of racetracks becomes boring very soon (at least for me, my opinion). I've had lots of league races where in qualifying the guy placed 4th was only a tenth slower than the polesitter. Regarding lap time improvements it's difficult to get to the limit on ANY track.
    But take Portimao for example. A long straight (start/finish), lots of elevation changes and corner where the perfect racing line is not obvious. In fact there are passages with one corner following another where you can choose different lines depending on what your opponents are doing. Yes, this applies to any racetrack to some extent, but not very much to Brianza or Spa (67). Also Portimao and the other tracks already listed by me offer great racing for all kinds of cars. Brianza and Spa (67) are not suited for Formula 3, Renault Clio/Megane and the old F3 cars at all as you are hitting the limiter at topspeed too soon.

2. osella

osella Registered

Sure I thought that is obvious, when people say what track is good or what they like, they should always say what CAR the track is good with; probably no track in the world is universally fun with all series (xcept maybe Ring?).
    Monza is only exciting with extremely fast cars, but then I think its one of the best with those, whereas Monaco or Portimao is actually more fun with F3s than F1 imo.

3. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Of the old layouts Nordscheife is much more challenging then both the old spa, Old spa has a challenge as its almost all flat out in most cars still and a slight mistake you tumble away through multiple farms or at least I do. Brianza I find a bit boring in all cars with only 3 breaking points in a very long lap if you use the banked track. Could be fun for those that like easy tracks and close racing as in Nascar fans lol but not my thing.

Monaco is only a death trap if you push too hard, you need to stay within limits but being a game/sim the risk of death isn't there so most push too hard every lap. Its amazing this track is still on the schedule and the speeds the modern f1's do here, during modern GP's I always wonder why there are divers at the chicane exit because I cant see a car going in there these days. But in the old track wow talk about a death trap chicane that is insane track design. I have ended up swimming many times there, maybe when the game goes gold the car should be allowed to sink to the bottom of the ocean. :D

This can be the same case with spa but its a track I cant get myself to slow down much mainly because nobody else does :D so its either a fast lap or I go flying through the paddocks.

I think an old ring would be great fun in all cars, the current one is pretty much a death trap just as the old one was. The layout hasn't changed all that much really and there are fast flowing sections and quite a few slower technical parts, the old layout should have a rougher road surface but going off road is pretty much the same in both old and new versions game over.

Here is a video that amazes me at how low the safety standards were back in the 70s before seat belts were popular and who needs helmets. I am surprised it doesn't look like anyone actually gets badly hurt in any of these crashes seeing as many drivers should have worn leathers and a helmet if not a seat belt.

4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

To each their own; IMHO the current Nurburgring GP layout it pittiful. It's boring as hell to drive, imho.

Monaco; I'm terrible at that track in the 60s cars so I won't comment on it. Monza; easy to drive, but as Osella says it provides for some fan-bloody-tastic races in the 60s cars. There's nothing boring about barelling around the circuit 2 and 3 wide all over the place constantly switching positions.

Spa? Amazing. Simply amazing. The F2s at Spa are by far my favorite sim racing combination. I find it just as easy to drive as Monza, though; not sure why everyone finds it so difficult (though, I usually drive the F2 cars, not the F1s, so maybe that's the difference). Personally, I would love to see all future ISI content be historic. And I'm not kidding, at all.

Also, I don't necessarily have the boyhood connection to the era that some others do; I was born in '87. I hadn't ever seen the 60s cigar cars until '97 when I first saw a magazine preview of GPL that my father showed me, who was a boy in that era (14 in 1967). I was instantly captivated by the era. Everything about it. I love the cars and tracks, and I want more of that stuff. I don't need a modern nurburgring, or any modern circuit for that matter. I would absolutely love a full roster of mid 60s courses to hoon my F2 around on.

Cadwell, though.. that is also a brilliant little circuit. I'd like a 60s flavour of it, too. ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lololol how could anybody say no to this!!

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

easy if you don't have enough money to buy the licence ;)

8. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

[​IMG]
    Will we get Nordschleife now???

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Well...as kittens go...Ill support...Nordschleife, Nordschleife, Nordschleife...
    these two look so cute. I had a lot of them sleeping on my bed when I was young. They tended to get on me, so I pushed some out while sleeping so I could get some rest...

10. Jav

Jav Registered

You sir have made me one happy person! Thank you thank you thank you!!

11. Fltwrm

Fltwrm Registered

12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

+ all points i have

a good video i found without distorted (wideangle ..) view. simply beautiful:

13. osella

osella Registered

^Thx for sharing, great picture quality

14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

this gives me goose bumps. imagine that in rf2 with historic formula:

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

With the new asphalt the Nurburg' has lost good part of his own fashion and fear!Personally I prefer the old green hell than the new one...
    Said this,I have to say that the most realistic version of the Nurb that I have ever race is the GT5 versione!It's by far the most accurate reproduction of the green hell and the P.Phony didn't use the laser scan technology though!

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Really? rfactor1+Nordschleife The Ring 2007 2.20 by Com8 and Friends+Nürburgring Nordschleife 2010 Update and setting FOV correctly
    gave me the most accurate reproduction. Correct calculated FOV was the key for me. On the other side i never tested setting FOV correctly in GT5 due to the limitation of only three different FOVs you can select (regarding internet), and i dont take GT5 serious anymore tbh. But i will try again now.

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Was this with the different seasons and layouts?
    Monumental!!!

18. Birgitt

Birgitt Registered

i love that soooo much :)
    me to

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've seen a version of this on the servers. Does anybody know if it's available? Thanks.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes I saw that too and almost **** my pants!