Limited Tires

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Radar, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

+3 votes from here.!

2. steeve

steeve Registered

It would be an important option to manage a weekend of racing.

Finished out with new tires every time, we should manage his tires for the entire weekend. Both test in qualifying, warm-up and race.

Great idea.

I'm 2000% for

3. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

+1 would also need to have rules for must run the same tire you qualified on (either same compound or same set... flat spots and all)

4. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

5. Radar

Radar Registered

Currently the Parc Ferme rule (found in the rfm file) allows for the use of Qualifying tire to be used at the start of a race.

This is what your rfm file would look like.. (taken from rf1 but I've seen the same values in rf2).

ParcFerme = 1
    ParcFermeTires = 300 // default=0, possible values are 0 and up (300 recommended if everybody has to keep their used tires).

Thanks everyone for the +1 (and +1000 lol). Lets hope ISI look into implementing such a feature.

6. mr-sledge

mr-sledge Registered

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Limited tires so that you have to use same tires for several races, in league for example you would get new tires only every 3 races or even less.

I remember reading how at some old racing series they did run whole season with single tires, also in endurance series they can drive more than one race with one set, depending from track, tire changing is not quick, 4 to 5 bolts per wheel, one guy doing tire changing, so it takes time and driving is also balancing need of getting new tires, it makes quite interesting tactical element. Of course in real world costs are part of why not to get new tires for every race, but at virtual racing that aspect is perhaps not something to simulate, maybe some penalty for getting new tires too soon, but I'm not sure if that would really work out so well in attempt of introducing more tactical view to racing which many teams have to do in reality.

Anyway possibility to store tires and use them next race weekend would be nice option to add for limited tires ruleset.

8. coops

coops Banned

+1 top idea radar

9. Mickwolfy

Mickwolfy Registered

+1, and I would also like to reuse the same set of tires for different run
    EXAMPLE 1: a quali run with soft tyres, pit in (ESC) and then a race run with full tank and the same tyres of the previous run.
    EXAMPLE 2: a short run with new hard tyres, pit in (ESC), a long run with soft tyres and the same fuel with fast laps to calculate the lap-time difference between the 2 compound and soft tyres life, pit in (ESC) and finally a long run with the first hard tyres to calculate the life difference between the 2 compound.

10. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

I´m asking for this feature long time!! With Real Road tech + new tire model + tire use limitation = winner simulator!!!!

This means racers will have to manage their tires during a weekend, another think would be nice to see, after a colision or a tire blowup, the set would be lost, this way racers would be more carful during all weekend, wreks would be avoid in the process to!!

I hope ISI take this thread in consideration, this feature is something that could make the diference all the way!!!!

11. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Tim some intel please?? Do you plan To add used tires/limited tires In the simulation???

12. Radar

Radar Registered

He has said in another post..

Lets hope the limited tires per race / per weekend is on the cards.. :)