Could we have a Graphic Section

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shum94, Jan 29, 2012.

1. shum94

shum94 Registered

I like the exchange between people and ISI on the mod packaging system and i don't understand why there is no graphic section in this forum.

rFactor 2 is in alpha stage but the graphics look far from matching 2012 graphic sim standards even in 6 months development.

How far the graphics can go with this engine ?

Hoping to see some answers from ISI.

2. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

There is one in the FaQ's, not sure if thats what your looking for,would be handier in the main sub forums

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

Looks like a section for problems with graphics.

I'm looking for the same kind of exchange ISI and us have in the rfmod thread.

4. shum94

shum94 Registered

http://vimeo.com/35396305

Just saw this. I think it deserves a share and why not someday some nice skies like that in simracing.

5. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

Everyone keeps talking about the graphics about how they aren't up to standard etc. and they're right of course as RF2 really lags behind the eye candy seen in pCars, AC and even iRacing.

But, having spent most of the last week and a half playing pCars and admiring the graphics plus doing some time hot lapping in iRacing. I just came back to RF2 and did a race in the Meganes at Snetterton and all I can say is wow the Tire model and physics are so damn good.

I really think we have to accept that whilst graphics in RF2 may improve over the course of the Beta they are not ever going to match the realism of the likes of pCars.
    But I really don't think there is a sim on the market that drives this well and as my avatar tells you I'm no fan boy of any particular sim.
    I'm planning on a full iRacing Skip Barber season this coming season as iRacing does online racing better than anyone in my opinion but the tire model and physics here will keep me coming back to RF2.

The Megane is one damn ugly car but boy is it fun to drive... much like the sim that hosts it.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The packaging system is the reason for this test in many ways, and is 'finished'. Graphics aren't finished, you're just going to be telling things that we're planning on at this point. With 1.0 then yes I can see it being a reasonable addition. :) Right now you should be using the Wish Lists forum.