No LAN without Pay-To-Play???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PCG-Smee, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I just took out my net plug and tried to run rF2, everything worked fine, except for multiplayer obviously.

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Like I said - no single player nor dev mode without connection. The moment I enable my connection again, single player and dev mode show up as available in launcher.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the fact, that I have never logged in to my online account, so perhaps my settings/profile are "incomplete" in some way. Anyway, looks rather like a bug and not intended behavior.

4. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Are you removing your network device or just pulling the cable?

5. spliff

spliff Registered

fixed this for you. and yes, the amount of "guesswork" that went into that quote is the same like in your original. but while you are being full pessimistic, i like to be the optimist. and rfactor 2 is worth every penny in my eyes.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When I disable the device, I can't run offline, when I pull the cable, I can. So it's tied into the launcher's detection of the devices I think. Same issue as the one which caused failure to load the purchase content, I think?

To answer PGC-Smee on that question, you should be able to play offline when you have no internet connection. We just need to fix the launcher so it lets you when you have disabled a device, but currently it does work when you simply pull the cable.

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Like Tim said - just disabling connection in control panel (Windows 7 in my case).

Funny how this thread made me check launcher under such conditions :D

8. pman

pman Registered

If you are so worried about fees, go buy into projectCARS now, $10 (that you will get back eventually) for a sim with Free online (tell them I sent you).

But I have no problems with paying $13 per year for rF2 online, just like I'll keep purchasing cars for simraceway and hang around in old RACE07 rooms (Where I ended up spending $100 on buying everything).

9. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

It ain't free

It takes a lot of time and effort to develop an application like rF2... They need to make a decent living if they are to continue. If not, they would close shop. For a buck a month more or less, that is a cost per entertainment hour bargain, especially for those that race on line a lot...

I'd like to see these ISI guys prosper myself and the price they ask for is...in the noise level..

Mike, Future rFactor Lifetime license holder :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
  10. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

If that happens then we'll see what happens. But if it doesn't happen you can still come here and say that it might happen. A lot of things that might happen never do. Will there ever be a point where you say, "well, okay, the copy protection hasn't ever messed up RF2"? Or will you continue to harp on this "might" nonsense until the end of time?

I seriously doubt anyone cares what kind of validation processes you've encountered, especially since you can't make valid comparisons. For you, it's this odd idea that since one thing acts a certain way it follows logically that all things act in the same way.

There you go: specious reasoning. ISI is not EA. I for one could care less what you have seen. AGAIN, you are making the faulty assumption that because EA does something and EA is a software company, it only follows that since ISI is also a software company they too must do the same thing that EA does.

Really, now, if you can't understand that your reasoning is completely off, then there's nothing anyone can do for you, except to ignore you.

Alan