Megane auto blip?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave Millard, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Please tell me that these cars don't have auto blip in real life, I turned it off in the .plr file and it's still there.:confused:

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The megane has a semi automatic transmission so I assume it auto blips on downshifts.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Modern semiautomatic indeed has such things, older fully mechanical ones when engines were run by carburettors did had sequential boxes without blip or anything else 'fancy' raw kicking and if shifted down too early car liked to swap ends, also impossible downshift while standing on throttle, Megane has nothing like that, only electronics driving the car :(

4. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I had been blipping myself, then yesterday when I was slowing to pit I just dropped a gear without touching the throttle and heard it do it's thing. Man I dislike not being in total control of something I am driving. Boo hiss..:mad:

5. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Dave is a man who needs to be in contorl 100% :D

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

but if he turned autoblip off in the plr it shouldnt be auto blipping anymore shouldnt it?

7. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

what is autoblip?

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yes it should still auto blip.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Weird, I don't know about rfactor2 but in rfactor1 and all other of its gmotor based games if you turn off autoblip in the plr it will do just that, turn off autoblip

10. xzess

xzess Registered

That's not true, autoblip in prl is a general game related option in rfactor1. It can be override by cars in theris mods, some mods as Enduracers, have some cars with autoblip and some they haven't.

If you turn on autoblip in rfactor1, overrides. Turn it off, gives mods the option to do it depending of the car.

11. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Yeah, that sounds right. The Mod's settings take priority if the PLR is edited to remove autoblip.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So ur forced to use autoblip no matter what if the mod has it built in? Even for ppl that like to use h patterns or jus like blipping themseves with autoclutch off even with sequentials/paddles? Wow this is news to me

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

If car has electronically controlled engine and gearbox with only paddles / sequential shifting via stick to use for shifting, then I think it is ok to have so in game too. Mod makers just need to take care of implement those properly.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is a feature of the real car, it's like if someone made the six-wheel Tyrrell and giving you the option to use four wheels. It's an integral part of the car and you shouldn't be able to do it if the car is modelled correctly.

1 person likes this.
  15. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

I find it to be a good thing, IMO. Especially if we are going for realism. As long as I'm not being forced to use the Hgate on a modern F1 car I'll be fine with it, LOL!

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

lol. It's just that if you want to do it manually then, you're basically saying you don't even need a realistic drivetrain or anything... Hope I make sense... lol

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

How does the mod force you to use autoblip even if you disable auto clutch or autoblip, can someone please explain a bit more?
    This seems to contradict everything I have experienced and read about with all isi based sims in like the last 7 years

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

These are in rF1, setting semi automatic to 1 makes mod override PLR file setting, imo.
    SemiAutomatic=0 // whether throttle and clutch are operated automatically (like an F1 car)

This sets how much to blip if above is 1, again afaik.
    DownshiftBlipThrottle=0.0 // amount of throttle used to blip if controlled by game (instead of player)

This is something that I don't quite get, even set to 0, I can still change gears manually with shifter even I have auto shifting help enabled:
    AllowManualOverride=0 // whether to allow manual shift overrides when using auto shifting

Maybe that answers a bit, but even I am not 100% certain of these, it is that I learn one thing and forget two things, or was it other way around? :D

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmmmm I'm going to do some research on this on other forums maybe ill get back to ya I'm really curious how all this stuff ties up together

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Wanting to remove the auto blip from this car would be like making a porsche drive like it a FWD car. Get it now?