Getting Megane to devmode

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

First I copied folder Meganes2009 from rf2data\Installed\Vehicles\ to K:\Program files\rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\ with all contents.

Next I made copy of Testingmod.rfm in rf2data\ModDev\rFm and renamed it to megane.rfm, then edited:
    Mod Name = Megane2009
    Vehicle Filter = Megane_Trophy

Then I copied sounds from rf2data\Installed\Sounds\MEGANE\1.0 to rf2data\ModDev\Sounds\MEGANE\1.0

I can now see Meganes in Devmode, but I'm not getting to drive yet as when entering to Joesville I get this:
    pitcrew.cpp 340: CUBE error loading animation file HOLDLEFT.ANM: Error locating animation file HOLDLEFT.ANM
    pitcrew.cpp 340: CUBE error loading animation file HOLDRIGHT.ANM: Error locating animation file HOLDRIGHT.ANM
    vehgfx.cpp 2530: Unable to read K:\Program files\rf2data\ModDev\UserData\Log\VehGen227701086.scn: Error loading mesh file GridMarker.GMT to memory

Same for any track actually.

So far I have not been able to locate any file where gridmarker or holdleft/right are referenced.

Has anyone done this succesfully as of yet?

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

have you redone the search paths in gen file?

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That I have not done, it was like this:
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>

SearchPath=Megane2009
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>Megane2009\maps
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>cmaps_maps
    SearchPath=Megane2009\maps

I did change to this:

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>

SearchPath=Meganes2009
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>Meganes2009\maps
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>cmaps_maps
    SearchPath=Meganes2009\maps
    MASFile=Meganes2009\M2009.mas
    MASFile=cmaps.mas

Also I did move files from rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\Meganes2009\1.0 to rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\Meganes2009\

Now it loads and works, just no sounds, so I did extract sounds from \rf2data\ModDev\Sounds\MEGANE\1.0\Megane_Sounds.mas to \rf2data\ModDev\Sounds\MEGANE\ and now I have got sounds too.

I think it is good idea to extract all those .mas files that contain text files to edit, so it is easier to tweak them.

Thank you from help, now I could adjust headlights and can start learning how to package it again to be new rfmod to install, that might take bit of adjusting :)

Oh and reason for thorough writeup is that someone else will face issue for certain and now it is easier for him to get it to work, well at least I hope so :D

4. les

les Registered

ok where do you find the gen file for the Megane2009

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

gen file is at m2009_main.mas from my memory (my memory is not the best though), you need to extract mas file with mas2.exe that is in support\tools, to be able to edit that .gen file.

I posted earlier bit about improving lights if you want to improve those? Thread is in car modding section and I think it was on page 2 or 3 now.

6. les

les Registered

ok i extracted all the mas files and i can get on the track but its showing a temp car

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Have you edited the paths and moved the files that I did in post #3 in this thread?

I think that I got that temp car too, but it was solved by what I did in that post #3.

8. les

les Registered

ok im starting over lol ill get it to work but it will take some time that is for sure

9. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

Hi there.

I've copied Vehicule and sound in devmod bypassing the "1.0" folder as said in post #3.
    Then I created th rFm and edited it.

Then I edited the GEN file as you've explained and put it back in the MAS file.

But when I try to load the mod on Joesville the scrollbar nevers ends And I get an error box Saying that Rf got a problem and must stop.

I've never used DevMod before but When I try TMOD there's nothing wrong.

Where do you think I went wrong ?

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did not ever put .gen file back to mas file and I think that I did remove .mas file after I had extracted everything out from it, so that there would be no files and files in mas file, which might cause some problems.

Maybe it is related to that? Can't think else right now, must think more if that does not help :p

11. Gimli Oakenshield

Gimli Oakenshield Registered

That's it thanks a lot !

12. les

les Registered

i have been trying to figure it out as well and for the life of me i followed what you said and im getting the same error rf2 stopped working

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Hmm I didn't bother making a megane RFM, I just used the default ISI all_tracks_and_cars one. Made a 'Megane2009' folder as per the GEN files so no GEN file editing required, extracted the sounds to a 'MEGANE' folder as per the SFX file.

I did extract the files from the Megane_MAIN.mas to my 'Megane2009' folder then removed the MAS file from that folder, works fine for me, did the same for the FR3.5 last week too.

GRAB_001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  14. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Hi! I'm new here. I'm José from Spain. Do you have Mégane Trophy Mod to use in ModDev? Do you can upload, please?

Thanks!

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Hey jtbo,
    i am currently trying to get the 370Z into devmode...but i get no sounds with it. I already had i packed in different files (like you tried it) but nothing helps. Do you know where the search-path for the sounds is written down? Or do you know, where the name it has to have is stated?
    I also can't unpack the sound MAS File with the MAS Tool - it says something of an unknown MAS Key.
    Thanks for the help man!

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

1 person likes this.
  17. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

aaaah big thanks! putting the sounds into the vehicles folder, not into the sounds folder made all the difference!
    you got some REP for that ;)

18. Robby01

Robby01 Registered

hi

i cant get it to work i se the mod and cars in devmode bad wen i load the track i get a ctd
    samone has it running?
    can i have the altered files
    thanx in advance
    robby

FIXT IT

problem was in the player file deleted the files in there and now it works al fine.
    robby

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Can someone upload the component for developers mode (mod, vehicle and sounds)? Now that component name has changed I cannot figure what to do so that it apears in dev mode ...

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi guys I'm having trouble getting the (now updated) Megane into DevMode, can anyone redo the walk through please? thanks