Please finally fix this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Its not a huge deal as im not someone who complains about graphics not being good enough etc. I normally only care about physics/vehicle dynamics/ffb feeling etc etc etc BUT outside of the actual driving im a sound guy, and please ISI pleasssseeeeeeeeeee fix the blipping sound problem that all isi based games have.

Basically I think the problem is that the auto blipping sound uses the off throttle sounds as they sound so weak and "airy". This has been in every car in every isi gmotor based game.

When you manually blip it sounds awesome because you are pressing the gas pedal in real life so the game puts the correct on throttle powerfull sound, it should be like this too for auto-blipping as mechanically it is identical to you stabbing the throttle only it is a computer doing it for you rather than you doing it yourself.

Even in real life, blipping on downshifts is one of the coolest most immersive sounds in racing, onboard and externally. I wish we could get this awesome sound ingame without having to use manual blip, as so many cars/race cars nowadays have autoblip, plus so many people use paddles/sequential sticks with autoblip regardless of what car they drive.

Basically we should get the proper on throttle blipping sound wether the electronics are stabbing the throttle or our foot is stabbing the pedal, just like in real life.

By the way Im new to the forums, but definetely not new to reading them and with rfactor/sim racing :)

rFactor 2 is gonna rock!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  2. Anonim

Anonim Registered

well said! I couldn't agree more! lets hope they will fix that in the next build!

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

wow so many people who talk about the sounds yet only 1 reply

4. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Sounds are the weak spot in most mods/games. If only more modders would even use the capabilities ISI have built in... nonetheless, the more things that work by default or are configurable, the better.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

your right, but this shouldnt technically be so difficult. The sound samples are already there ingame, but they only get used when the player presses the gas, when they should also be getting used when the cars electronics blip the throttle for you.

Its all ingame already, the sounds, the auto blipping, etc, its just the game is I think choosing the wrong sound samples for the autoblip vs when your stabbing the throttle yourself, and it seems to be something hardcoded in the engine as no mod or other isi gmotor based game has ever been able to fix.

6. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Right. That ought to be an easy fix. I was just noting that many mods don't even make use of the "extra" engine and FX sounds properly, and for me it's second only to FFB as something which gives the game more immersion. Sounds are one of the main reasons the original GTR mod was a success many years ago, even though it didn't improve on the base vehicle simulation much.

7. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Gtr1 sounds, **** ya, lister at spa in the demo hahaha, sounds can make such a big difference, and one of the main attractions of the sport as a whole is the sound.

I hope the blipping noise can finally be corrected so atleast its in line with the rest of rfactors pretty good sounds