F1 2012 beta

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Jan 27, 2012.

1. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

We are not our first mod and physical creations, except that the new system of tires ISI brings a lot of problem and it is they who define the level of grip and general behavior of the car.

We laugh a lot to see some people request permissions (to create a so-called official conversion) but in the end they will encounter the same problems as us because they wish to copy / paste the existing work on RF1 which is not compatible with RF2 we must admit.

We must spend time to create balance and well files TGM is the key to a successful mod, all the rest HDV / Engine / Gears / Suspensions remain as RF1 but we must be on its work done on TGM and I'm a staff member of the ISI will confirm if your TGM are not good, your mod will not be.

2. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

use 1.4 for now. give them time. give feedback on 1.4 - maybe go online to their server

3. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

Thats normal. I was working 2 weeks each day on the build that i`ve PM you. Since that i`ve made tha final version. So if you need help/testing, i`m here.

4. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

tonight the beta version becomes available, we will spend the day driving to thoroughly check it does not encounter the bug in the 1.5

5. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Here, we are in 1.6.
    There will be no update until the official release of the mod.
    We go up your feelings, your feeling of 1.6 (in good and bad) because that's not all of us back problems, you must tell us what is going well too.

Voici la nouvelle version 1.6 : F1 2012 LIGUE BETA 1.6

6. kmw

kmw Registered

Don't know about anyone else, but i think this (1.6) is excellent!
    FFB is more noticeable on curbs, and grip/slip dynamics are improved.
    I did blow an engine quite easily, but I assume that's because I cannot see where my red line is? The ISI rev counter does not run high enough so I am going by sound alone.
    Have not tested my times against the AI yet though
    But all in all so far, fantastic :)

7. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

You know, in the game when you choose your mod / car / track you can also choose the HUD and get another model.

In looking DOWN CUSTOMIZE and you can change that.

8. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

Certainly been a good step forward since 1.4 for me, after just moving the brake bias forward to 60/40 and adjusting the steer lock to 18 (for 900 degrees Fanatec wheel lock) from the default setup, been having great fun getting the car to drift sideways with predictability through Malaysia's fast sweeping corners! :D

9. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

i got this in 1.4 from time to time, as well as 1.6

[​IMG]

10. michael1

michael1 Banned

LOL!!
    your DynHUD can it be moved to 1 side an not in the middle of the screen

11. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

i want it there, obviously

12. michael1

michael1 Banned

No what i mean is there a way i can move it. i have it i want to move them all over to 1 side of the screen they are in my FOV

13. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

needs to be adjusted in DEV mode / HUD editor

14. slawek

slawek Registered

Wow, it is a shame that I am rubbish on OW because I cant push to the limit but I can feel the power now :), I like it and can't wait for the final version.

15. michael1

michael1 Banned

Ok cool thanks :)

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

A short one first; I tried it out just now and it actually felt pretty good.
    I always drive F1 or open wheelers (from GP2 on) and a such, I know a bit of the feel; this one feels like I expect from a F1 car; cudo's!

Soon I will post a more elaborated review, hope I can help.
    Now; I am not into the making of these things, I drive mainly and so; I don't know what you exactly would like to hear when you say "just the physics"........I do understand what physics are, but don't want to get into a fight if I say something that isn't exactly a 100% physics.......
    Saw that somewhere in this topic and as much as I appreciate your time and effort for making this; hopefully you appreciate my time for writing some feedback.

17. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Yes I like recess.
    When I say physical, I was that I want to comment on the cars and parts that go with them being given that it's all going in the trash today.

We begin our new models yesterday (mclaren) and a screen is present on our site if you're curious.

www.f1ligue.com

18. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand Registered

I test 20/30laps the mod.
    I will tell you only the bad things :) You can trust me, i'm objective

- No aerodynamic exponential force ( we can touch 320km/h with maximum high wings ). Need to reduce the downforce on high speed and improve in low speed. I smile when i can touch 280km/h in the left/right in the begin of the 2nd sector of Malaysia
    - Poor tyre slip curve in low speed. front grip too.
    - Too much grip on rear tyres, so the front tyres works a lot and use 100% more than rear tyres. ( with 13° steering lock )
    - Too much engine brake at 1/2/3rd gear
    - Problem with suspension geometry, the front is often relieve and the car don't touch the track in high speed corner. ( Normal spring 170 front 120 rear )
    - we don't feel the FFB. Even with multiplier at 3.5x the wheel is too smooth compare to the 3.5

So i think you need to work a little on physics parallel of 3D model. It's my opinion, because some things are bugy

Just one word to say before i leave.
    As i'd say to the other BMW modder, don't play with " Which mod will be released first ?". I think it's a pueril game. Because with that, your mod will be judged for the physics/modding work in 2 or 3 months and if you release a "crap" mod you will have a bad reputation in the future. Take your time and make a good quality mod. it's just a tip :)

19. Tiger

Tiger Registered

310km/h with 39/36 downforce ... where can you get 320km/h? probably with very low settings for aéro!!
    too much grip in high speed and not enough at low speed, sorry but this the way it is, think about twice!
    too much engine brake.; rule yours in the game menu (set @ 6 is high!!), also differential! I don't have the problem as many drivers don't!
    normal spring? whaz that? 170/120, you get a rubber spring boosted car ... boing boing!
    FFB has been modified and once for all, rule your wheel!
    how, can I have a real good feeling and not some other drivers?
    FFB in game, and profiler! (tip: change in controller has to be applied to your own saved wheel-profile also)

except these, thanks for report!

20. Morgan Morand

Morgan Morand Registered

One word to say = LOL
    ps : with 38/38 at Sepang. maybe your mechanical setup is not so well optimized ? oO

ps 2 : I see too that 29/26 has the same potential of turn than 38/38, except that the car doesn't move with high wings.
    So I'm 4sec faster than the real 2011 vettel pole. with 20L. too.
    Keep what you want in this 2nd feedback ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012