rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

.ldx files are created by i2Pro; the plugin won't make an .ldx file (literally... it names all its output files, and it doesn't do .ldx). It will make an .ld file which contains the log data, just like the 32 bit version. If running in 64 bit doesn't work then most likely the plugin file itself isn't in the right place and isn't running.

I'm not sure if that's possible - I know at least some other plugins don't/didn't behave properly during driver swaps. But it could be they all just needed to check for something in particular, too. Something to look at in future, I've never tested driver swaps.

2. crz

crz Registered

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't realise that.

Anyway, I just discovered that both plugin versions use different paths for the the MotecPlugin.ini (32 bit: "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\", 64 bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\"). As a UAC user I don't have write permissions to "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\". I've just created a MotecPlugin.ini there with the correct log path and now it's all fine. :)

Big thank you for the plugin and your support, really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah, I see. The next version will find the data folder to put (and look for) the ini, hopefully avoiding that sort of problem. Thanks for clarifying :)

4. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

But there are examples which are working flawless after driver swap (e.g. Trackmap).

My assumption is that something within the initialization goes wrong - the major callbacks where the telemetry data is provided will definitely be called otherwise trackmap want work either.

If I should guess it is reading the ini file or opening the output file stream which will not be done in the same sequence like w/o a driver swap.

P.S.: And again we are back to the question about documentation - the main reason that all are speculating is that ISI did not document what API methods being called when plugins are installed at server and during a driver swap.

5. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I know similar examples e.g. I have a Siminstruments Dash, which works after a driver swap when I use the software they provide. If I use the Dash in combination with the Fanaleds software it doesnt work after a driver swap. So I would say there is something you have to do in the plugin to make it fire up.

6. Addict

Addict Registered

the Ride Height channel in Motec is not working , do you know what happens?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check the channel list to verify, but it could be car specific.

8. Addict

Addict Registered

ahh,only happens with the Brahbam, is there any solution for this?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a realism feature. A mod can be set up to disable different telemetry areas, and if you're racing online you can't do anything about it. Same for everyone of course.

Offline, if the car isn't encrypted you could take it to devmode or repackage it for single player, reenable the missing telemetry, and then use it. Still won't help when you're online but might give you some base setups to work with.

10. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier Registered

Hi guys it's me again,

I have a problem since the start...I did every required instalation to make it work, manually downloaded the .ini file.
    But my problem is that i never can have a logged file..when i got into my car, i hear the beep sound for on, and after when i move my car, i hear the off beep.

I tried everything..looked everything:/

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's your log dir set to?

12. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier Registered

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Motec

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try setting it to somewhere away from program files. If you needed to download the .ini it's because the plugin can't write to your rFactor2 folder; that probably means it won't be able to write to rFactor2\Motec either. So point it somewhere completely different.

14. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier Registered

OMG Thanks man! You're such a genius aha thank you! :)

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I were a genius I would have set it up so it never had this problem :eek:

16. RichMantz

RichMantz Registered

progress report?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Aiming to have an initial version out in the coming days. This won't offer much more than the current version: compatible with i2pro 1.1.x, more channels and configured into groups that can be enabled and slightly adjusted individually, easier install, a couple of logging tweaks like using the current class as the vehicle ID so setup sheets are easier to manage.

The first release will have little testing and some of the channels may not work right.

The juicier stuff, like logging to memory, logging each lap, and automatic setup sheet updating (especially) will take longer. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

any news? :)

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*sigh* nearly a month... sheesh.

I'll really try and get something out this week. That life stuff can be a bother sometimes eh? :)

*Oops... ok, so a full month... here I was thinking it was about the 20th today...

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  20. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

No rush! glad we have this plugin at all :cool: