rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ahhhh, good! I'm glad you worked that one out, because I still had no idea why it would sometimes not do the conversion :)

I'll still look at allowing 'offline' conversion of the .ldtemp files even if it'll only be useful for rF2/PC crashes, but I need to rework things a bit to minimise the chance of misuse and keep the processing speed up.

In the meantime I will add the engine torque and boost, and anything else that seems like it might be useful (there are quite a few 'status' items that really don't appear to be useful, though; I may just add a Miscellaneous option so if people really want to see just about everything and increase their log file size they can do it...). Probably next week.

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes, i like useless information :D Put them all in the plugin :D Maybe they are usefull for some people :D

3. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Me too!!!

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Lazza, I was thinking about a way to tie the setup with the data. Even if all you do is write the SVM into the log folder with the same name as the log file, that would be better than nothing. I am not sure if you noticed but you will find this file <DataPath>\UserData\player\tempGarage.svm is created as soon as you load a track and is updated every time you enter realtime with the current setup (even if you haven't saved the setup). So if you go into the garage and make a change, this file is updated with that change as soon as you enter realtime. So you should be able to pull the player folder name from mPlrFileName and then pull the temp svm from that folder. You could also then read the PLR file to get the full path to the VEH file. Well, sort of.... you can get the path to the folder where the MAS files are along with the VEH filename. From there you could loop through all the mas files with ModMgr -x<masfilename> <vehfilename> until you find the correct VEH file. From there you could parse the VEH to find the HDV and then do another loop through all the MAS files to find the HDV. I guess it is a lot of work to perform in a plugin and some of this code may be blocking. Maybe simply copying tempGarage.svm to the log folder with the same name as the log file would be best. Then someone could write a stand alone setup viewer. The VEH filename is stored in the tempGarage.svm so a standalone app would have everything it needs to locate the HDV.

Lem, I have a log folder with several subfolders for all the drivers on my team. I then use BTSync to sync the root log folder and setup the plugin to output to my specific subfolder. So now all of the team members have instant access to each other's logs. I haven't had any file locking problems with BTSync so far. MoTeC also has an option to monitor a log folder and automatically open new logs as they come in. So a team member can have MoTeC up and as soon as I stop logging, the data will pop up on his screen. I think this is going to work really well for us.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This would be really helpful.

enviado mediante tapatalk

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Not to be picky but, could we get the filenames like this: "YYYY-MM-DD - HH-MM-SS - <Track> - <Session>". That way it will alpha sort better. I know you can sort by date but the ld and idx files have different timestamps so cleaning up the folder is kind of a pain. Or maybe we can get some options in the config file to define the filename format.

Okay... I know, I am nit picking. ;)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nit picking, but fair call lol

Setup wise I'm thinking the built in setup sheets would be very useful. They work well manually, if they were automated via that .svm they should be even better. I know the setup adjustments available will vary, as will the vehicle driven... and there could be multiple motec projects... anyway, hadn't got around to planning that just yet.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I spent some time working on a tool for viewing svm's. Lot's of parsing. The SVM normally has comments with the actual values but my goal was to have a tool that lets you make adjustments. So I need to read the VEH/HDV/Upgrades/TBC files to know what all the options are. Simply making a copy of the SVM when stopping the log would be the easiest for now.

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I installed the motec plugin like described in the readme but i canĀ“t find any files in the Log folder.
    Tried another folger "C:\Motec\Logged Data\ which works for GTR2 but there is nothing to find.
    I can hear the beep in the pits. What is wrong.

10. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Set-up sheets would be amazing Lazza, as well as basic weather data. Along with naming of the output files, right now they are sent to one general folder - can the output be made to create a sub folder by track or car. Would make sorting very nice.

Thanks for your effort.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Right, v1.05 now available with a few small tweaks and extra channels.

Link(s):
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/24225905/rF2_MotecPlugin_11May2014.rar
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qy3bt69cldxo25d/rF2_MotecPlugin_11May2014.rar

If you're reading this post chances are you already have the previous version installed. Rename your existing MotecPlugin.ini so this version of the plugin can create a new one - otherwise you won't be able to enable the new channels and options. Then you can copy any of your personalised settings across. If you don't have any, just delete your existing .ini file.

Changes from v1.04:

• 3 new .ini options for logging extra tyre, engine, and vehicle data. Usefulness of these channels varies, but knock yourself out.
    • Took Noel's above advice regarding filenames to improve sorting, plus added an option to log into a subfolder with the same name as your vehicle class as per Natureboy's suggestion. You're at the mercy of modmakers with the vehicle class but it does help keep things neater and could make separate i2Pro projects easier to manage.
    • The plugin now has logging ON by default, and will create the (lowest level) defined log folder. Hopefully this is a bit less confusing for new users.

I'm not anticipating making any major changes to the plugin in its current form. If there are errors with channels, small tweaks I can make, or that sort of thing, I'll do it, but bigger changes will have to wait for a complete overhaul. Please report bugs and suggestions anyway, I'm yet to sit down and work out how I'm going to organise things in future and will consider requests.

New to this plugin? This thread is a mine of info... ;) (and yeah, I've resorted to copying and editing my own 'release' posts...)

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

i2Pro, under Data Analysis

*Just to repeat important advice to everyone... do not, under any circumstances, go and ask Motec for help with their software. If you can't work it out spend more time and/or ask other people. Motec absolutely doesn't support unlicensed use of their software and I really don't wish to have any of their time taken up by idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  13. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito Registered

Thank you so much for the update! Engine torque is something I've missed for some time.

However I get a constant zero value for the Boost Pressure. It would also be very useful to have Turbo Rpm in there!

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Lazza,

Many thanks for the update ! :)

alex

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It probably would, but unfortunately turbo rpm isn't available. I tested boost pressure with the F2 mod and it seemed to be working fine - is it possible the mod you tried is blocking it?

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Curious, should I now use the new tyre rubber temp values for analysis rather than original tyre surface temps?

Also at what point is the carcass temp calculated. Is it the middle of the tyre?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the rubber temps are probably easier to analyse and compare between laps/runs, but of course the surface is what does the gripping so can't discount it. So probably a mix of both.

The build notes say the carcass temp is a 'rough average'. I can't really offer anything more, after all only ISI knows :)

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers Lazza for guidance. Nice one!

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks Lazza!

Uwe

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Could somebody upload a nice motec template for touring cars? The one I use, shows a lot of empty graphs because the channel is missing. I have everything ON in my motec.ini.
    Thanks in advance

enviado mediante tapatalk