rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. gs001

gs001 Registered

Need some help with getting this to run. I don't think I'm getting the plugin to load when I start rf2....I've followed the installation (twice) but must be missing something. I don't ever see a red icon at the beginning of the race. When I hit CTRL-M, no sounds, no log file generated. Also, I have inserted the six Data Acquisition lines in my player.PLR file, but then when I start and exit rf2, this file has been rewritten and those lines are removed. I never had a section of lines labeled 'Data Acquisition.." so I inserted them at the end of the DRIVING AIDS section. This is one part I really don't understand - why would these lines get removed by rf2? Also, I am getting the MotecPlugin.ini file added to my rfactor2 directory, so that step appears to be working. Any help / inputs would be much appreciated.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which installation were you following? There's no need for a Data Acquisition section in your PLR (or anywhere else), I remember something along those lines in rF1 but that was something the game itself did - not required for an external plugin. The readme file included with the plugin doesn't make any reference to it.

The fact you're getting the .ini file generated is a good thing, should mean the plugin is running. But that should also mean you see the plugin icon when you jump in the car. So if you're getting one and not the other I'm a little confused :)

Is there any sort of error file being put in the same folder as the .ini? That's about all the extra feedback the plugin will give, generally when it's unable to write the log file for some reason.

About the only other thing I can think of is jump in the car, wait a good 30 seconds (so the plugin delay should be well and truly finished) and then hit the Ctrl-M and see if you get any sound (either my confusing beeps, or your standard windows sound). If not we're starting to enter some strange territory...

3. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Does anybody know whether the motec plugin provides signals for track- and ambient- temperatur and track wetness in rFactor2? What about rFactor1 together with the RFE PlugIn Series?

If not available so far are there any plans to implement those signals as well?

Sent with Tapatalk

4. gs001

gs001 Registered

Lazza - thanks for your time... it was a simple as I had downloaded an older plugin (who knows maybe for rf1). Started all over and works like a champ!

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Track and ambient temp, yes, track wetness yes if you turn on the Weather option in the ini.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Whew, that's a relief! :p

7. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

But the weather option in the ini-File is only available in the rFactor2 version, isn't it? Do you have any plans to expand the rFactor1 version with weather signals as well? What about wind - is this implemented as well?

Thanks in advance

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, rF2 only. It includes wind direction and windspeed, though they aren't very useful at the moment since rF2 doesn't do wind :)

I don't think the rF1 plugin includes any of the weather stuff (which rF1 doesn't use) and I haven't had any plans to try to pick up what the RFE plugin is using. If I were to update the rF1 plugin it would more than likely only support the latest exe, and from what I've gathered I don't think the RFE plugin is compatible with it. For practical reasons it's unlikely I'll update the rF1 plugin to support all the various exe file versions, and for a couple of other reasons I won't be making it more flexible regarding memory reading.

9. Scofield

Scofield Registered

I have reinstalled rFactor 2 and Motec plugin and now Motec doesn't show Ride Height. I play with Honda Civic and my parametres are:

// MotecPlugin Parameters file

[MotecPlugin]
    Log dir = "LOG\" // Directory to log to; relative to rFactor root if not absolute (e.g. "C:\Log files\")
    Logging on = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOn.wav" // Sound file (wav) to play when logging is switched on
    Logging off = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\LoggingOff.wav" // Logging switched off
    One log built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\OneLogBuilt.wav" // Sound to play when a log file has been built, with more pending
    All logs built = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\AllLogsBuilt.wav" // Sound when all pending log data has been built
    Error = "Plugins\MotecPlugin\Error.wav" // Sound when an error occurs
    Idle log cycles = 25000 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when idle (at monitor)
    Duty log cycles = 2500 // Log build cycles to perform per frame when busy (in-car, driving)
    Active on startup = 0 // Sets whether logging is active by default; 0 = no, 1 = yes
    Activation key = M // Key to press to (de)activate logging; single character (0-9, A-Z) or key code (eg 0x4D)
    Key modifier = 2 // Modifier to be pressed with activation key; specify ONE of: 0=none, 1=shift, 2=ctrl, 3=alt
    Realtime building = 1 // Whether to start building logs while still in-car; 0 = no, 1 = yes

[Channels]
    Data rate = 2 // Telemetry capture rate; Enter a value from -2 (useful minimums) to 2 (100Hz all channels)
    Inputs mode = 3 // Log unfiltered or filtered controls input; 1 = unfiltered, 2 = filtered, 3 = both
    Aerodynamics = 1 // Log rF2s extra aero info (drag, front/rear downforce, front wing height, front/rear rideheights; 0 = off, 1 = on
    Contact patch = 1 // Tyre contact patch channels (ground and patch velocities); 0 = off, 1 = on
    Weather = 1 // Extra weather info (cloud/rain/wetness/wind - most not currently active or are obsolete in rF2); 0 = off, 1 = on

Can you help me? please.

10. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

11. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Superb, thus we just have to wait that the wind Simulation in rFactor is beeing implemented. I allready can see the flags waving in the wind ;-)

The EXE versions 1.255f and 1.255g are compatible with the RFE PlugIn Series. From my point of view those are the EXE Files which are important in the future. Why? Well, my expectation is that people will no longer use MODs which don't have an improved tire model and a weather simulation like available in rF2. Wait a second - why don't they use rF2? But that's very likely a topic for a different thread -;)
    To make o long story short - I fully understand your point to prioritize the PlugIn for rF2.

the RFE PlugIn Series is adding improvement to the tire model and implementing a weather simulation which

Sent with Tapatalk

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

13. Scofield

Scofield Registered

14. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

random question about data logging: how do i get the i2 pro project to overlay lap x versus y?

yeah, noob question, just learning motec :)

15. TJones

TJones Registered

Klick on "Data" in the upper left side of the window, now you should see a list of available laps, where you can chouse a first (selected by default) which is marked with a red dot. Now you can select a second lap in the row next to the first, which are marked with black rectangles.

Edit: replace "row" with "column" than it makes sense, sorry my english. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Great thank you :)

Your English is better than my German

17. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

next question is :

where does the log file go?

its not in Log, or in userdata log, or in root dir motec folder.

edit: also do i need to run the rfactor to motec track script for rf2?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rfactortomotec doesn't come with the rF2 plugin. Make sure you've got the right one.

Several logging issues (and solutions) have been detailed through this thread. Please read through it :)

19. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Hi again-- Has there been any development on the front of recovering ldtemp files? At this point, I think more than half the motec data I have is trapped in ldtemp files :(

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... I'll have to look into what I can do there. I suppose with the rF2 instability some people are having this could crop up more often...