Hotlap ghost driver for practice mode

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Rocksor, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

I have wish that would be very useful to improve your laptimes. Give us a Ghost driver, that we can load in offline practice mode mode, when there is no other car around to show our previuos hotlaps.

Another nice feature would be a possibility to share those hotlapghosts, maybe including the setup, that was used to do a certain Hotlap. I guess you would have a lot of e.g. youtube vids whith hotlaps an the downloadable ghosts for those in short time.

I'm sure this would help to improve everyones performance a lot. Espacially for those new to simracing. Still remember my first tries and that hard way of learning that still isn't finished.

2. RayH

RayH Registered

+1 Ability to load other drivers (preferably better) hot laps and ghost them woudl be awesome. Even better the ability to download the setup as well.

3. ludogator

ludogator Registered

this is a great idea

4. joris818

joris818 Registered

I like this idea !

5. Krazyrider

Krazyrider Registered

Excellent idea!!! The ghost could also be allowed during practice in multiplayer.
    Also have the ability to choose between self-best or overall best lap. or select any specific lap as in rfvcrmerge. Each lap is already listed in the monitor and one can select which lap to use for the ghost.
    I hope this gets implemented.

6. Darius

Darius Registered

This would be awesome.

Perhaps simpler to implement but almost as useful would be a display showing how far you lead/lag your best lap (with a knob to change it to best this session, best ever, etc). $OTHERRACINGSIM has this along with a nice coloured bar and it's really helpful when grinding out laps.

7. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

if a ghost would be implemented i think we should have an option for a head start of the ghost. otherwise if you are really close to the ghost-time the ghost is always distracting you.

8. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

+1, Ghost driver is really helpfull in terms of getting better laptimes, should be optional during hot-lapping.
    also useful for those who spend alot of time setting up suspension to see the affects from the ghost.