Replay full screen aspect ratio incorrect

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by DRat, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DRat

DRat Registered

Issue: The aspect ratio of a full screen replay is vertically stretched after you hit the Enter key to remove race info from the view. After a forum search I've only found one other post that briefly mentioned this, made several weeks ago, and just want to be sure it gets on the ISI beta punch list.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The enter key should correct the aspect ratio, not stretch it. It's squished until you do that, I think?

3. DRat

DRat Registered

It is squished a bit before you hit the enter key.

I just finished some additional testing and it appears that with the cam at close to a 90 degree angle from the car in side view, both wheels in view are slightly distorted into vertical ovals. That apparently fooled me, combined with the driver's head and helmet looking normal in the squished view and looking actually much too tall in the full screen view. (Snetterton, Spark F3 #71)

If I move the cam to be in line with either wheel axis, that wheel appears round, so what got me was the mutant driver with the tall helmet. I'm quite tall, and my helmeted head also stuck up above the roll bar of my old FV (40-odd years ago), but I do hope I didn't look like this rF2 driver.