Single Player Season

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by SickSquirrel, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

Hey ISI guys and sim racer,

I have two wishes for the singe player seasons:

1. In rF1 you could change the number of cars driving the season, but you couldn't choose the definite cars. An example: You want to create a Formula One Season with 22 Cars (inclusive yourself) and you want to race without the Ferraris:p. Your only chance the be sure that the Ferraris are not in the season is to delete the Ferrari folder inside the vehicles folder.
    So it would be nice to have the opportunity to select ingame which cars will drive the season. If you want to take one more step forward, than you could build in the function, to choose which driver drives which car. For example to place Sutil in the Ferrari and Massa in a HRT.

2. My second point adverts to the weather:

It is assumed that you could create the list of tracks which will be driven one after an other. With the new, great weather system it would be nice to have a real calendar where you can place the races.
    In the second step, rF creates out of a climate data base a realistic weather for all the races. An example: If you create a race in GB in April, the weather should be cold with a high rain probability, and a race in Dubai in August should be hot and dusty. I think there are two ways to implement that:
    1. Every track has the weather data for every month in its files
    2. rF has a central database including a worldwide climate data base for every month.

These are my two wishes for rF2.

So keep on rockin ISI ;)

2. Essemo

Essemo Registered

I agree. I would also like to see these features in the single palyer mode.

3. kmw

kmw Registered

I agree. I have just posted regarding single player, that I believe the save option should be available between sessions, not just between whole race weekends.

Overall, ISI, I would like to offer the opinion that this sim should not just be about online play. Yes, online is great fun, but I and many others spend a lot of time creating realistic race seasons for single player use, so anything that can be done to enhance the options and realism will be welcomed.

1) More specific driver/car choices as posted above
    2) some weather options - i.e. not just scripted, but random or dynamic depending on a calendar - good idea by OP to be able to insert races into a calendar, so weather would come from that date
    3) options to save progress after sessions
    4) full Drivers standings table, with results from each race, rather than the basic points Totals of rF1

4. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

I have two other points:

I hate it to drive with the AI at high speed track. Most cars reach in the last gear the rpm limit. So it would be fine, to have automatic car setup system for AI cars. All car typs will maybe need 3-4 laps for collecting data in practice, and based on these data, rF2 creates a setup for the AI.

The second point regards the presentation. After the race is no atmosphere. Create please some funny spotter voice messanges like ,, you have won the race,, ,,you're the new champion,, etc. and maybe a little video when you're under the first 3.

5. kyukyu

kyukyu Registered

Yes I agree that it spoils all the fun when you just blast away from the AI because they have too short gears and the wrong downforce settings.
    The automatic setup system that you propose might be too complex (maybe?) but a simpler solution could also help. I think one could enter 2 values in the track AIW file. First, a "general speed" of the track (or, similarly, a "downforce level") maybe ranging from 1 to 5 (1 would be "monza level", 5 would be "monaco level", for example), so based on this number the AI cars can easily adjust their wing settings, if available (maybe with small random variations). Second, the length of the longest straight. Based on the car power and drag level it should be easy to roughly estimate the distance needed to reach top speed, so if this distance is lower than the longest straight, the AI could automatically choose longer gear ratios until things fit.

6. SickSquirrel

SickSquirrel Registered

What are the most important settings

I thought about somthing like ,,AI learning,, in rF1.

I think there are four importatnt settings:
    Gear ratio, spring rate, downforce (wings) und ride height.

Gear ratio is easy to handle: If the AI runs into the limiter, the system sets a lower ratio.

Downforce could be set by analysing the g-force values and the proportion of full throttle. The lower the g-forces and the higher the proportion of full throttle, the lower will set the system the downforce values.

Spring rate and ride height could also be set with the g-force values. If there are high values in z-axis. the system should decrease the spring rate and increase the ride height, if the underbody of the car touches the road.

But for the whole system, you need a basic value. So maybe every mod should be run with Malaysia, to set a basic value. The measured data from all other tracks will be compared with the values from Malaysia.