Strange bugs and HDR not working

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Yarach, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Hi there,

so I finally got rFactor working, it would not even launch when I downloaded and registered.
    I pumped up the graphics to the max and enabled HDR, the HDR simply results in a permanent black screen.
    With HDR disabled I get what you see in the YouTube video. The problem seems to be coming from the trees.

EDIT: the graphics problem is solved... I simply disabled all the reflections and enabled them again one by one!
    The menu bug still remains and it makes it very hard for me to select something!

This is how it looks after the "trick" I applied. It is hard to see, but someone on another post has proper pictures of how this looks like. The HDR oversaturates my colors. It does not work as it should yet.

Hope you guys at ISI will fix this, I know you can!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  2. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

What are you using to load the game an SSD, mine take about 2mins just to load a track.

HDD works ok for me after a re-install, previously I only had 2fps.

3. Yarach

Yarach Registered

I am using a normal 320 Gb harddrive from Samsung. No need for a SSD for me.
    I am using a migical tool called Auslogics Boostspeed.
    In the Defrag option I simply select Defrag & Optimize.
    The optimize feature moves all files to a place where the harddisk will find the most quickly instead of organizing them by filetype. My PC even boots within 12 seconds.

I am getting full speed now since I fixed the problem myself in some strange way.

4. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

cheers glad you sorted it.

5. coppacobram

coppacobram Registered

Me too, I have the same problem. Disable reflections is the right way to fix it?

6. Yarach

Yarach Registered

That is what I did. I disabled everything. And then re-enabled it one by one to see where the problem was. But everything seems to be working fine for me now, except HDR and the main-menu.

7. coppacobram

coppacobram Registered

Ty so much Yarach, i'm very new on rfactor planet. We will see on circuit :)

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

For the HDR, try this: Turn off HDR in-game, exit game, launch rF2 Config, tick HDR there, launch game. The in-game HDR setting is botched at the moment and doesn't work correctly.

9. Yarach

Yarach Registered

I tried that already, too bad all the colors are oversaturated.

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

That looks exactly like it did for me, I got it fixed with the trick I posted. I know it's not a surefire solution but was worth a shot anyway. Hopefully it'll be sorted for you at some point.

'till then, you might want to turn HDR off and check the FXAA thread, with good settings the HDR in that isn't too bad either.

11. saloei

saloei Registered

have you tried updating the firmware on your SSD drive? I load the Malaysian track in 19 seconds. I have a SSD.

12. Yarach

Yarach Registered

19 SECONDS!!! Jesus Ch***. That is long for an ssd.

13. saloei

saloei Registered

I agree. any suggestions on decreasing the load time?

14. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Well, an SSD does not work with moving parts like an normal HDD. So you should have instant acces and blazing fast loading times. My Regular HDD does the job in 12 seconds or so. Even booting is done in 12 seconds. Defragmenting would not help. Only increasing the frequency / the voltage of the SSD. But that is really tricky and I do not recomend that as it could blow up the flash drive!