change ingame name after registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paratwa, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Paratwa

Paratwa Registered

Hi

First question:
    just bought my beta copy, now my real name is displayed as driver - i actually dont like that - can i change it?

second_:
    i'm using a second activation on my son's pc (rf1 was alowed 3 activations i think) - now i have the same problem - when we play a local game, we both have the same name (quite clear, same lifetime aktivation ...)

so - is it allowed to use the registration a couple of times (like rf1 ? 2 or 3 activations?) and if, yes, how can i change my name...

even if im only allowed to use one activation i would love to change my real name!

greetings - great work up so far!

Clemens

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

i can bet that licence of rF1 doesn't allow to run both installations the same time. You can reinstall it a few times - it is true (then request more re-installations). But single copy is not intended to be played on more than one computer at the same time.

rF2 thanx to online verification, limits this way of using it. One bought licence - one active player.
    But there is indeed a question left: Is it possible to buy it once and use multiple identities (ie for father and son)?

3. Paratwa

Paratwa Registered

ok - i'm fine with that - only one installation allowed (we could race against each other localy with one rf1 licence - we havent tried yet with rf2) we have enough work on testing rf2 with GFGT :) , JoyPad :( and different graphics to reach good FPS on both machines
    but still i really want to change my real name, that is now used in the game, to a mostly fantasy name!
    my dear friends will know my real name ;) - but please not on a public server!

greetings from Austria

p.s. rubber on the track is really essantial now!!

4. Ozzie

Ozzie Registered

I bet if you SEARCH the forum, you will find a post on how to change your ingame name :p

5. Paratwa

Paratwa Registered

then please give me the keywords ... i've used SEARCH

i'm no noob - but "change name" "change nick" "registrations name" "change name" ... gave me no good answers within the first 15 threads ....

sorry

greetings

6. Mick-S

Mick-S Registered

users/appdata/roaming/.rfactor/.rfactor.name/ open in notepad . change and save
    let me know if it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  7. Seb808

Seb808 Registered

Hello everybody,
    I´m having the same problem here,i hate the way my real name appears online and i looked all over to edit it and didn´t succeed:-(
    Mick-S,i did not find this appdata folder,i have windows7 64 bits,i don´t know if it makes a difference..
    Thanks for helping,have a good day all!

8. Mick-S

Mick-S Registered

I have windows 7 64 bit, mine is in users/appdata/roaming/.rfactor/rfactor.name
    hit start/ search programs and files/ type in appdata

9. Seb808

Seb808 Registered

Thanks,i just did it and went online and it worked!
    thanks again for your help!

10. Paratwa

Paratwa Registered

Thanx!

i will try to change as soon im back home!

in the meantime i found the correct "SEARCH" phrase for this problem, would have been "real name" + "server" - but that thread has about 20 pages, i'm not shure if this solution is in there, it's more a discussion about using "real names" oder "nicks" on public servers

Thanks again for that tipp changing names

grettings
    Clemens