Online is not good.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valerio Kinex, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

i really centered the problem and i feel cool.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Stupid question, but is vote banning a racer possible in rF2 in convinient way? Those that know LFS know how it works there and keeps wreckers from ruining every start.

Those that don't know, someone starts to vote and others need to press just one button to add their vote, easy to do even when racing during straights. Then it is up to morale and racer code to decide when to start vote etc.

There is option to start vote for ban or kick, easily accessible from the screen while sitting on track side after being rammed behind intentionally.

There are issues surely, but overall I think that system works quite nicely in controlling amount of bad behaviour.

Clean racing clubs are also great way to have public servers with good racing.

I agree that there can't be single solution to issue, but I think that with everything put together there would be completely new level of online racing waiting, oh and I will not be even part of it because of my crappy internet.

3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

This is very impractical.
    1. Whatever 'x speed' you decide, people will just ensure they are below this value before hitting you off anyway.
    2. What would 'x speed' actually be, 200km/hr for example? Don't know how you would define it since it would need to be different for different circuits. Monaco for example with such a short run, you'd find it difficult to have a 200 km/hr differential (for example).
    3. What if a driver up front has spun off at the first corner and is then collected by a driver from the rear purely because he was unsighted? (Fisichella/Yamamoto Brazil '07)?
    4. What if you make a genuine mistake by clipping the grass and plough into people (Liuzzi Monza '11)?
    5. (As you mentioned), those who brake early are unfairly putting those up the back at risk of being penalised. Yes you have to be careful up the back but in public servers the skill level is hugely varied and there will be slower guys starting up front.

Anyway, a 'wrecker' will not always choose to destroy the race on lap 1 turn 1. What about the 'wrecker' who leaves his car on the exit of a blind corner waiting for lap 2 to collect the field?

To be honest, if there was a 'wrecker', I'd hope he'd do his 'work' on turn 1 lap 1 rather than waiting for a few laps before destroying a race.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I can't believe you guys are still going on about this.

5. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

Nizmo, I go by Eaglerapids and I still race for the Mybroga Racing League, I will look for your server. I'm not a particularly fast driver but I love to race with people who love to race.

6. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

I cant belevie that if you so not interested in the topic you still need to post (troll) in it.

There a lots of thing i cant believe people putting time in. But he.. to each there own i supppose.

7. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

1) the x speed value is such that when its at a level that would crash you the person would have been pitted anyway

1.1) it does not protect against people spinning people around gradually by tail spinning them
    1.2) its more in place to remove ultra wrekless driviing , people that are flying across corners

2)you set x speed to be at 10mph regardless of corner or part of track any car hitting another car at a difference
    of 10mph would be considered a crash attempt as this would be enough to crash the guy in front.

3) the game should ghost drivers that are spun on t1 or early part of the track

4) you made a mistake which is fair enough but your mistake should not destroy half the field or ruin other peoples races

5) yep , as you say at least a driver behind has a chance to react has it in there pawer to drive cerfull driver in front cannot control people steaming into them.

"Anyway, a 'wrecker' will not always choose to destroy the race on lap 1 turn 1. What about the 'wrecker' who leaves his car on the exit of a blind corner waiting for lap 2 to collect the field?"

Cars idol on the track or driving slow on the track should be sent to pit or ghosted.

obviously this sort of thing would have to be all removed for when people do organized races it would just be a bogstanderd server mode for pubs with no admin.

I think the point of what i was saying is that you can have automated systems that work to a reasonable level or would be an inprovment on the base system without excluding people.

Nothing will compare to a server with active admin though - maybe an active admin button / icon would be a nice thing to show on the server list so people would tend to populate server based on quality rather than user numbers alone.

The 107% rule would allso be a good idea and just a basic thing that would reduce crashes inprove quality of racing but ISI would have to impliment it in a way that made it clear to users so noobs understood why they could not race and what they need to do to be able to race.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  8. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

107% rule wont reduce crashes at all. do i need to repeat myself why?

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yes, voting by just pressing a button is possible with rf2. I have it mapped to the 1 and 2 keypad keys. I had some tool on a server a few days ago hit me and spin me out, then hit me AGAIN and spun himself out into a wall and tried to vote me off. Apparently getting hit from behind is a capital offense for the person getting hit!

On an unrelated note- that race turned out pretty cool because he threw something off in the rear of the car and everytime I braked the car got sideways and made the final 1/2 the race a real challenge! The damage in rF2 will be the #1 deterrent for people driving like morons. A small accident will ruin your race with 100% damage.

10. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

You can,
    just google "Joy Behrman" > images
    EnJoy! :D:p
    ps: make sure your rudeness filter is ON ;o

11. Valerio Kinex

Valerio Kinex Registered

:O°°°°°°

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I think you should :p

Besides, even though it isn't an answer to wreckers (who crash you out on purpose), I think it makes a difference though for people jumping into a car/track combo, without having practiced it enough. Someone who doesn't know the track/car combo, is not likely to have his braking points right, thus increasing the chances of a crash). If someone has done some laps he is more likely to have control over the track/car combo, so that a crash is less likely.

Then another point: You said it will be hard to get within the time range because of speed demons. Are you sure every server has one? I don't think so. Further on, as many suggested, it should be an option which can be put on/off. If people don't like it, or if it doesn't work, do you think it will be used much? Nothing changes than.

I'm not claiming this solution is bullet-proof. I'm not claiming this will help in any way. I think it does, and I think it is worth the discussion. Same goes for your solution. I don't say it's bad. I don't like it, but it might work. No-one knows for sure. So I hope you won't see this as a personal attack, I'm just trying to give you my point of view, so that everyone here can discuss there opinions on things, or maybe their solutions, so that in the end maybe the situation gets better.

13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

every server i have been has had speed demons on it and this 107% rule is based on the fastest guy on the server. the chances of just one, yes one speed demon being in the server is very likely.

Last night there was a guy who got 1:00 on malaysia north loop.