Built-in Suspension Setup Analyser

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by CrossWiseLikeSo, Jan 22, 2012.

1. CrossWiseLikeSo

CrossWiseLikeSo Registered

One of the cleverest features in NetKar Pro has got to be the suspension analyser that's built into the setup screens, which gives one readouts on ride frequency and critical damping values. I was wondering how difficult it would be to implement a similar system for rF2. If it proves feasible, ISI might also think about including ARB contribution to roll stiffness, as well as TLLTD so that the user will be able to quickly slap together baseline setups with values that make sense, and then tweak from there to achieve the desired balance (not to mention it would also help keep mod makers honest, fudgery wise, wink).

2. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I don't have NetKar Pro, but I love the visual real time suspension model, in Live For Speed's setup screen.
    It shows you the effects of suspension changes on a striped down model of the car.
    It even allows you to "drop" the car, to evaluate the effect of bumps.
    You know the old saying, ' A picture speaks a thousand words".

3. dragon

dragon Registered

4. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

A "live" setup type design was on my wish list too, along with a rolling treadmill/dyno test/wind tunnel. I.e. Wind speed + Downforce = Suspension compression. :) That kind of detail.