Still get mismatches?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Jim Beam, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

2. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

You are probably running into a bug like myself Jim. Does the mod only have 1 team or 2? If it only has one team load it up in single player and click the car icon to get to the car select screen...then click the team you want to drive and then click on show room. Does the car match the team its supposed to be under or if the mod is only 1 team does it show the pace car instead. Right now no matter what i do the first team is always the pace car which throws my teams off by one. This causes a mismatch online because its not supposed to be the PC.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yer same thing happening as you mate...if i take out the pace car it all works as it should...and it seems the rfmod/.cmp files are installing to the Core/Vehicles and the game is using those mas files...if you delete those files the mod disappears in game...weird

4. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

I do know the .rfcmp files are supposed to install to the "install" directory but if you leave the checks in all the components when you make the .rfmod then it will also package all the content in the .rfmod file. The .rfmod file will install to the core directory this is why you get files installed in the core folder.

Try this when you make the .rfmod file take all the checks out of the check boxes and just have anything you want (locations, vehicles, sounds, talent, ect) highlighted just not checked. Doing this creates a reference instead of packaging all the content again in the .rfmod which will shrink your distribution size.

BTW what do you mean if you take out the PC car? Like remove it from the install directory or uninstall the component for it? Would like to try and see if that works for my rTrainer mod as well.

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yeh mate i know about the unchecking of content...if you uninstall the clio from mod manager it will fix your car selection in game...obviously you lose your safety car in game though so its not a real fix...the real problem is that the rfmod is installing to the core directory aswell as the data directory as i posted in the other thread

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2819-Creating-a-mod-problem/page2