Suspension, engine and transmission

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by CrazIvant, Jan 21, 2012.

1. CrazIvant

CrazIvant Registered

I'd love to see support for several things in rF2:

Transmision:
    3 diffs with separated settings in the setups window
    3 lockable diffs while driving (as it has been done with ARBs) - for off road driving.
    Low gearing support (2 or more different final ratios) - for off road driving and trucks.

Suspension:
    Support for double rigid axle - for off road driving.
    Support for McPherson suspensions.
    Tire inflating and deflating while driving - for Dakar Buggies.

Engine:
    Turbo engines (with lag and bangbang/blowoff sounds).

General:
    Some work on surfaces (so we've got proper gravel physics).
    Snowing (not only raining) - so that Col de Turini would be impressive!

Rules:
    Possibility of forcing not to repair cars or change tires (thinking about a rally). ie, you have to run the whole rally with only 2 set of tires and you only have one assistance
    Several races and reversed grid: ie, top 8 inversion between R1 and R2 (typical touring car).

Dreams:
    Having articulated vehicles would be a dream! If you remember our Bus GMC mod, imagine it with an articulated one!! :p
    Cars having dirt (rubber, mud, snow, etc)

2. nobutora

nobutora Registered

3. CrossWiseLikeSo

CrossWiseLikeSo Registered

These are all great ideas. In a similar vein, I think it would also be great if later versions of rF2 would also simulate non-rigidly mounted powertrains. It wouldn't necessarily have to be modeled completely, a set of fudge factors to specify transmission inertia, spring rate and damping around the axial plane should do the trick for now. Placed in-line between the engine torque values and the tyres, this would add a bit of elasticity to the power delivery, which would be nice, especially for road cars. Of course, having a fully modeled powertrain with squishy bushings and everything would be even better, but would be tricky to do at this point, I think. Perhaps we'll leave that for rF3 in 2018.

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

to have the col de turini experience it would also be awesome, when we get fog later on...imagine racing up a foggy col de turini at night ;)

5. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

On the Drive line side How about breakable transmissions?... (lose a gear if you dump the clutch too hard or abuse it too much, or a slipping clutch due to abuse/part failure )

6. nobutora

nobutora Registered

I would like to see the chance to have several sectors in the same lap. I mean, if I want to make a 20 Km Desert Stage with 20 control points the only way to do so is putting several "xfinish" objects.

Those improvements in point to point racing would be awesome. :)