When will we see some new mods/cars and tracks? don't say - after beta period!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonim, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Anonim

Anonim Registered

hehe.. well... lets just say.. with more tracks you(we) feel more satisfied for the near future! :p

2. mianiak

mianiak Registered

heh, with all the nit picking going on around here, I don't think any modder is brave enough to release anything until its absolutely perfect :p

3. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Right. Because that ever stopped anyone releasing a front engined Porsche Carrera ... twice.

;) ;)

/troll

4. Anonim

Anonim Registered

you mean we won't see anything decent during the beta phase? :(

5. Dave Purdy

Dave Purdy Registered

I don't expect much for quite some time. Modding has been hamstrung imo. How can a modder send a patch of a few files out to his beta testers? Why are there files in MY Documents? I don't want them there! rF2 is not modding friendly at all imo. What happened to multiple installs, where I can have a WIP and a league matching online version at the same time?

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

Putnam Park can't be played online because it's not linked to a mod, that's a problem.

Why tie up a track with cars. ISI needs to fix this.

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

There's things about the new system I don't like either. But about your specific issues - You could have chosen the install path, I changed mine. You don't really need multiple installs for it to be modding friendly your WIP now resides in your moddev directory and is accesible when you launch the game in devmode which actually makes it more modding friendly IMHO. Your league matching online version would be a rfmod file totally seperate from your WIP files, can't see what the problem is there.

8. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

+1

This has been my biggest gripe since the mod id system was first explained. Wait till there's 100+ tracks and multiple car mods, every puplic server will have its own modid's. If you want to do any pick up racing there will be a lot more headaches than I ever had from mismatches.

9. McLowry

McLowry Registered

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1

11. Dave Purdy

Dave Purdy Registered

In rF 1 I had as many as 5 active installs so I could have multiple WIP mods which were already selected when I ran the particular rFactor icon. With this setup only one can be selected at a time, so it puts all my eggs in one basket so to speak. Current modders have totally custom interfaces and all that. It is simply less convenient for me as I see it.. I did not notice where I could have chosen the install path or I would have changed it. How hard is that to change now? Uninstall and start over? I definitely do NOT want these files in my documents folder.

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The choice was there to change installation path, the same as any other program.
    Here is a thread where people have discussed their 'custom' installs.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2327-Cant-install-some-rfmod-downloaded-3-times-and-no-results
    Turning UAC off is recommended.
    If it were me, I'd uninstall and start over.

13. Cubits

Cubits Registered

Ha. Oh the memories!

14. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Oh hey Cubie, welcome to the jungle!

How've you been? LTNS!

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I really don't understand this thread. It's already been stated we will get updates throughout the beta process - new features and new content will be added.

Why the thread?

16. Cubits

Cubits Registered

I haven't had my g25 hooked up in over a year, but all this RF2 beta hubbub is getting my attention in a significant way!

The footage i've seen Denton post on the youtubes does remind me a hell of a lot of the nuttier Cats (i was flipping through my rf1 files just before). I can't imagine it would take long to have them up and running... but i'm still on the fence about whether RF2 is anything more than a prettier gmotor with the same inherent issues underneath (oh, and realfeel baked right in!).

I've spent way too many years working on ISI sims (what, 12 years now?!), but i'll monitor the impressions of trustworthy people and gauge that against my bank balance.

How are you finding the beta so far? ;)

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No new cars or tracks even in the full version?

View attachment 799

Ummmmm yeah, I'm gonna say "no" to that. There will be plenty of cars and tracks along the way from ISI, would be a shame for Tim's licensing work to go down the drain, not to mention the artists have already worked on the models for quite a while... =)

18. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i guess he meant mods by modders...not ISI. But still: what can one expect 13 days after the beta release ^^

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

So much misinformation is this thread it's funny. Some of you really should have a look around the link before posting.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/

20. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Loving it. Those 60s F3 cars are just my favourite thing of the moment, and I've had a huge amount of love for old Spa since GPL days.

There are issues, but it's a WIP so the jury's still out. I don't get on with the Meganes at all, but then I never liked them in rf1 either. I haven't tried the Renault open wheelers yet but it's only a matter of time.

Over at RACER we are still running the Friday Nite Fight every week in rf1, but we have shifted our Saturday sprints over to rf2 so if you need a handful of beta testers I am sure I can get some people together, and you're always welcome to come along too either way, of course.

The FNF will shift over to rf2 as soon as it's proper released. That should tell you everything you need to know about my opinion on the beta. ;)

Oh, and if you have any updated work on the rf1 cats we'd love to have a go. v2.0b still comes up again and again in the picks.