transmission model

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Nielty, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Nielty

Nielty Registered

better transmission model
    with disabled auto-clutch
    I can shift gears without the clutch
    with H-Patten personally I do not like it that way
    sorry for my bad english

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

You can turn off auto-clutch ya know.

3. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

re-read his 2nd line.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Shifting without clutch should be possible with only by matching the revs indeed.

For rFactor 1 there was plugin grinding tranny, which made it possible to achieve realism on this area, such features however would be good to have in game as it is close to bug to be able to shift anytime no matter what rpm and not using clutch at all.

5. Nielty

Nielty Registered

it could be cool if you could hear the gears grind when I'm not shifting properly

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

To add to this:

Look at the gear options for an actual transmission:
    http://www.emcogears.com/storage/gt46%20gear%20setup%20calculator.xls
    Note how only certain ratios are available for certain gears. (Currently 1st has only its own block, but I've seen other transmissions with other gears having a set number of ratios available.

If the HDV would specify something like
    Gear1Range=(2,3,4,5,6,7) to go with
    Gear1Setting=1
    It would be perfect!

7. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

It would be cool for ISI to develop something similar to the transmission model in iRacing, but without the ability to 'pre-select' the gears(its biggest fail, IMO).

The one thing we need in sim racing is a FFB H pattern shifter to go along with it though. One that would not let you take it out of gear while the transmission is under load, and would not let you select the next gear without the clutch being engaged, or the revs matched.

8. Powderking

Powderking Registered

I'd like to have the feature the OP described to.
    Or even only with the crackling sound.

But the ideal solution would be a FFB H shifter :D
    I saw homemade shifter that used FFB joysticks and were linked with the clutch pedal but nothing that interacts with the game (e.g. to let you put in the gear matching the rev or taking it out of gear when unloaded).
    I didn't have the effort to try it on my own. But I'd buy such a shifter immediately :)

9. Aubrey Windle

Aubrey Windle Registered

I'm digging up this old thread to make a similar suggestion. In a real car sometimes you can shift without the clutch, but it should be very jerky if you don't match the RPM's pretty closely by blipping or lifting the throttle. With the 60's GP cars, it's just way too forgiving when you don't blip the throttle on a downshift. Also, it seems there's never any real advantage to using the clutch. Using the clutch should be a way to smooth out the jerk when you shift. Instead, using the clutch actually seems to make the shift MORE jerky.