Real Head Motion Plugin 0.1beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magicfr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Guys,

I made a new version , in this version, I changed the way I compute the view so you can have more control on it. So there is also a INI file to configure it.

2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I got the bug 1 time.
    I got back to Monitor and enter the race and it's vanished.
    I think maybe sometime I get strange value from rFactor2 and I compute wrong value that make my whole plugin compute things wrong.
    I will add some check and I will reset the value when I found strange angle value.
    I hope it will fix the bug

Zip Archive updated with some check on the internal value.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

have you wrecked and rolled a megane with this plugin yet? it's awesome. it feels like your head is rolling around. very nice.

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Yes :) Like in real life, your head is not fixed at the cockpit ;)

5. aidylad

aidylad Registered

I just installed the plugin but I'm getting the spinning camera.Strange really because it happened the 1st time I went on track then exited the game,tried again and it was ok. Then I came out of the game, went back in and it was spinning again. So exited and re-entered the game and it looked ok while I was in the garage but as soon as I loaded a saved setup the cam went funny again and now I can't seem to use it.

6. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

Have you checked if you have freecam enabled? I think default key for toggling it on/off is "U".

7. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hey, I just want to let you know that this Plug In is Awesome!!! Only had the spinning head thing happen once.

I can't thank you enough! I can drive the 60s F1 cars and actually see far enough down the track to run the tracks the way they should be run... FLAT OUT!!! I'm also safer (relative term) around other drivers. :-Þ

Thanks again,

Bryan Birtwell

8. liebestod

liebestod Registered

This is the best thing ever and is an ESSENTIAL plug-in for rFactor 2. This should be in the default game.

9. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Hey Guys,
    Thank you, it's very cheerfull to see that you like that plug :D It's always nice to share stuff :)
    About the spinning, I get it some times, really I don't undestand, it's like rFactor2 is not calling my code properly.
    My plug works using Camera_PitchDown and Camera_RollLeft. I can't set the camera matrix myself.
    Every time my Update function is called those values are reseted to 0. So If I want to move the head further, I hade to PitchDown further.
    So, if for some reason rFactor2 don't reset those value, the camera will spin widly.
    The thing is, it's really seems like there is something I don't have control on it.

I understand ISI dev have more important thing to debug/code than the camera moved with the plugin system, but if ISI can have a look on this it would be cool .

I guess , if the wild sping happen at begining of the race, it's very very annoying because if you go back to Monitor you can't go back to race.

Maybe I could check if the Camera_PitchDown and Camera_RollLeft, have been reseted to 0 in my Update function, and if they are not, I do nothing, so at least the camera will not spin wildly.

I'll add this check in the morning.

Cheers guys.
    Seb

10. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I tested this morning, If I go online the first time it spinning, So i traced in my code, and when it's spinning my code is not called at all yet. And when it is called, every variables I receive or I set are normals.
    Anyway I saw something, I waited longer, for 40s aprox, and it stopped to spin by itself and it work again.
    It's like something taking control of the camera over my plug , and after sometime it stopped :(

So guys when it spin wildly, don't go back to monitor, try to wait and let me know if it become normal again by itself.

I hope ISI guys will read this post.

Cheers,

11. Finnro

Finnro Registered

Yes, after 40 sec. the turning or spinning view it's gone.

12. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Your first version worked better for me than the second. Now I'm getting the spinning thing, before I didn't. However I'll try waiting 40 seconds and see if it stops.

13. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Guys, I am totally lost there :(
    I tried in windowed mode.
    When I get the spinning, i click out of the rFactor2 window, and, I fixed it :(
    I have no clue why it's hapenning :(

14. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    Nice plugin, thank you for sharing.
    About the spinning. It happened to me once, I found quickly switching to track cam and back to cockpit fixxed it instantly.

15. Speedyice

Speedyice Registered

I love this plug in! I'm getting the spinning head thing too, but it does seem to go away if you just wait.

ISI should incorporate this!

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

17. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Here's a comparison video I made. In my opinion, the default value for RealHeadMotion is too subtle to be seen in a video. However, I can really see and "feel" the effect while driving though. Thanks for the great plugin mate! PS. magicfr, actually your post in plugin section is watched by many people. Although I agree, most visitors won't go into sub-forum (yet?) :D